• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My Build thread

low~n~blue

February 2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Very nice truck! Great job keeping it up! When that enging gets tired I bet she would love to have a V8 under that beautiful hood!
Thanks man!! YES she would LOVE a nice built small block! I really hope I can keep the truck, been looking to get an F150 but I want to keep the ranger. She's been in the family since she was new so it's more than a truck to me. I think most people on here feel that way about their rides!

statley chubs

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
nice truck. wish mine was that clean.

low~n~blue

MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
nice truck. wish mine was that clean.
Thanks! Judging by your sig pic, looks like you REALLY use yours haha. Thankfully the truck has been an Arizona truck all of it's life!

fxct

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Sweet truck, man.

Did those bucket seats increase the legroom in that cab? I have a regular cab 87 that feels tight (I'm 6'4") and am looking at ripping the bench out and dropping buckets in to improve the situation... for either legroom or lower back support or both...

low~n~blue

MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Sweet truck, man.

Did those bucket seats increase the legroom in that cab? I have a regular cab 87 that feels tight (I'm 6'4") and am looking at ripping the bench out and dropping buckets in to improve the situation... for either legroom or lower back support or both...
Thanks! I don't think they did, they actually made it worse for me. The seats are a little bigger then factory so the head rest hits the back window and limits the amount it can go back. I actually found that my knee's were closer to the steering wheel with these seats. Luckily over time they have broken down some and allowed for more room but im thinking of having them re-done, since they need it, and also having the guy take out some lumbar and padding from under the knee area so it will let me sit further back and lower my knee's from the steering wheel. I am 6'1" so i completely understand.

So to answer your question I wouldn't get this brand if your looking only for more leg room. I have been looking at BEARD and that style of bucket because they are a lower seat and go back way further. But that being said, these are AMAZING for a DD truck because they are easy to get in and out of and are functional.

KennyRanger

Banned
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Color, seats..... Nice!!!

GREYFOXX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
how did u lower it and how low did u go
i have 93 with a 2.3 i am going to turbo me and my wife bought new with 4 miles on it
i had the motor bored 40 over put 302 injectors in it elcetric cooling fans blocked off egr fooled intake temp sensor and put a tornado in the new pipe on my air intake pipe
its my baby its rough ive used as a truck in the past but now want to fix it back up---funny its the same color as yours mine is a splash
yours is very sharp nice job on all the work:icon_twisted:

brinker88

11/2013 OTOM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Is this spam ^ Or didnt you read the build?

low~n~blue

MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
how did u lower it and how low did u go
i have 93 with a 2.3 i am going to turbo me and my wife bought new with 4 miles on it
i had the motor bored 40 over put 302 injectors in it elcetric cooling fans blocked off egr fooled intake temp sensor and put a tornado in the new pipe on my air intake pipe
its my baby its rough ive used as a truck in the past but now want to fix it back up---funny its the same color as yours mine is a splash
yours is very sharp nice job on all the work:icon_twisted:
thank you. Sounds like your truck is quite the project. :icon_welder: I did the DJM dream beams and axle flip. For beamed rangers you can't beat it! I almost prerunnered the truck but the trans went and i did motor work so that cost me all the money i had set aside for lift and tires. SO for now it stays lowered, most likely will just buy a truck already done if I can find one that's not on youtube getting flogged :icon_rofl:

low~n~blue

MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
O and its lowered 4 inch's! the splash comes I think an inch and some change lower in the front then the standard ranger so just make sure when your order from DJM you get everything you need to get the look you want. Ex - i used chevy lowering shackle to bump it up and inch so i wasn't draggin' tailgate haha after all it still needs to haul the quad to the dunes haha

Capriman86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Just wanted to chime in....
When I see trucks like this it makes me wish I went 2WD and stayed low....I love my FX4 but I do miss my lowered S10, looks great. LOVE this color too. :icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
low~n~blue

What's new.......havent herd LOL from you for a while!

TheTwanksta

09/12 07/13 STOTM
Article Contributor
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Hes been on here posting, just not in his own thread.. :D

You've been slacking low~n~blue! Any updates on the truck? Its probably running the dunes as a pre-runner by now..haha!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals