• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My backyard build (56K warning)

badblue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
i got james duff ones

dude772

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Project got kicked onto the back burner for the past week and a half or so, found a buyer for my 2000 sunfire GT.
Which actually was a top priority to the build, makes for a higher budget which is currently zero dollars. So hopefully this guy comes threw with the $2500 in the morning, and i can order up the engine and transmission rebuild kit, and all the conversion stuff and maybe some new gears or some radius arms then with the rest pay off the visa that i maxed out. Im pretty excited to be able to dump some money into my truck :D

dude772

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
SUNFIRES SOLD!!! time to go and blow all my money on the ranger:D:D:yahoo::yahoo:

Im thinking....
- Engine rebuild kit
- 302 Adapter stuff
- Dana 44 gears and rebuild kit
- Primer and paint
- And a new box

Cant wait :D

dude772

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I am now summitracing.com's newest customer!
-86 cougar 302 rebuild kit(with METRIC piston rings!had alot of trouble getting the right kit)
-Advance adapters oilfilter relocation kit
-Ford Racing chrome valve covers
Grand total of $375.00

Also in the past few days I've cleaned the gease and dust from the engine bay and painted it up nice and pretty with some really nice bedliner paint and semi-gloss tremclad.
I'll take pictures later tonight or tomorrow its pretty good looking. You wouldn't notice I welded in over 2square feet of steel plate all over the place.

Next thing to do is build the engine back up, get some motor mounts, weld the cracks in my headers, weld in a few pieces of angle iron to the interior of the cab to close everything up then I could drop the body back on the frame then go to town on the dana 44....

or maybe i will do it the other way around? .... i'll figure it out... Can't wait for my parts to be here tho

Last edited:

PARKINGLOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
sounds good, keep us updated!

THE WHITE RHINO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
do extended arms for sure with a flex joint(heim, johnnyjoint) on the end i like the fullwidth look

dude772

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
do extended arms for sure with a flex joint(heim, johnnyjoint) on the end i like the fullwidth look
QUOTE]

I cant do the fullwidth, this isn't going to be a pure offroad truck, and im pretty sure in ontario you cant have open wheels.

Not only that, im not a big fan of the full width look. I know its better for stability and everything but i dont like it... sorry.

Im going to niagara falls tomorrow to pick up my order from the mail box(cause its really expensive to ship it to my house from the states). And as soon as i get home, im going to go to town on the engine!!! next is cut down the dana 44, and get that in there and roll the frame back under the body and go to town on the wireing.

.... shit that sounds like alot :p lol we will see how things go.

PARKINGLOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I cant do the fullwidth, this isn't going to be a pure offroad truck, and im pretty sure in ontario you cant have open wheels.
I don't know about that....I think you'd just need some kind of flares is all....

dude772

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I don't know about that....I think you'd just need some kind of flares is all....
Yea i thought about that... but those would be HUGE flares.... when it comes down to it... thats really just not the way i want to go with my truck...

ANYWAY.... as i promised i took pictures of the firewall after I made it look all sexy with the bedliner paint...

Compared to before paint ...

Why cant they just do this to cars from factory!!!??? they would last a million years longer!!

Getting closer... and tomorrow i get my engine stuff!!:yahoo:

dude772

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
And heres the parts fresh from summitracing.com!!!

danger88ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Looking good, cant wait to see it done

dude772

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
:mad::mad: I lost my damn head bolts!!!!! ARGH!!!!! That kindda brought the rebuild to a screeching hault.

All I got done last night was main bearings, rod bearings, piston rings and oil pump and pick up tube. Cleaned up one head went to put it on and couldn't find the head bolts for the life of me... so i put in 1 generic bolt for now to hold it there.

So now I'm going to go over to the junkers to snag a set for $5 after my job interview at the ford dealer :D

Now im thinkin bout doing a 5.0L explorer intake.... any thoughts?

PARKINGLOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So now I'm going to go over to the junkers to snag a set for $5 after my job interview at the ford dealer :D
Winegard, right? It's right across the side-street from the chevy dealer, IIRC. I've delivered there a few times before.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals