• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

my b2 build

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
I hope so for you. I'm not complaining, been in the 80's here for the last week. I've actually got stuff done that needed it. suppose to be nice here for a few days.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah thats not fair. Its been between 5 and 35 with tons of snow here.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
I lived in Pa a long time ago, outside of Philly. Chichester and Aston. Almost 30 years ago now that I think about it. I really don't miss the snow much at all. Was fun when I lived in Colorado, but that was years ago too. Most I have to deal with here is the occasional ice and that rarely happens anymore. Just gets cold most of the time and I can handle that lol.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Never been to philly but im under the impression theres better weather there than here lol. We get whats called lake effect snow.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Never been to philly but im under the impression theres better weather there than here lol. We get whats called lake effect snow. I just did a little research. Basically I live in the top ten snowiest cities in the world. Time to move lol. Except ill miss drifting my ranger in the snow

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Yeah, think I'd rather be warm and dry then go drifting in the snow lol. Did that in Colo. You must live up around Erie or something to get lake effect snow. Cold and brutal there I imagine. Warm and dry here in Central Tx, if you can handle 100 degree plus days lol.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah Erie.. Where its cloudy almost everyday. Rains on the days that are sunny and snows more than most places and the humidity in the summer makess it as though the air is pure steam lol.

Today it was 50 degrees so i decided to cut those shackle bolts with my buddies sawzall. It.cut great untill i ran out of room. The hanger wouldnt let me keep cutting. The only way it seems ill get these bolts out is with Heat. Has anyone tried the little propane torches that are $20-30? I know they take alot longer than a real set of torches but can they be just as effective?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
FINALLLY. Got those shackles on. I used a Mapp torch to heat the bolt and nut a couple times and burned the bushing out then used my air hammer to push the bolt out. Worked pretty good once i figured that out lol.

It sits about an inch higher in the back now than the front. Im happy with that. Also my axle seemed to straighten out a little. The pass side springs were tweaked.

Up next will probably be the body mounts. They are all junk. Plan to buy oem style. I dont want poly. I have started to soak the bolts with pb blaster. Anyone know any trick to get those ugly bolts out? The rear ones look to be just about impossible with the frame and gas tank in the way.

Last edited:

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
When I did mine it took 2 people to do it. I couldn't hold the nut and turn the bolt myself, luckily my son was here to help. That and my impact lol. Also had my big floor jack with attachment on it cause it's lifted. Big piece of 2x4 too. Front and rears were the hardest just because of the location. I went with poly just because I don't want to have to do them again and gained about a half inch because the others were really smashed down.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
How does the poly ride?

I might be able to do a few of them myself.. Most of the washers are gone so i can pull the bolts out with the nut still on lol. If not i can cut them.

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
I honestly can't tell a difference in the ride quality, but might just be me lol. Most BII's don't ride well anyway, right? Less roll in it though, plus I did the radius arms in poly so that might explain some too. Doesn't sound good if you can just pull the bolts through. Might be more rust then you can see.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I honestly can't tell a difference in the ride quality, but might just be me lol. Most BII's don't ride well anyway, right? Less roll in it though, plus I did the radius arms in poly so that might explain some too. Doesn't sound good if you can just pull the bolts through. Might be more rust then you can see.
It appears alot of the aftermarket are poly anyway. I dont wanna spend the money at lmc considering they dont seem to offer a review for parts or a decent description and ive had mixed experiences over the years from them. My B2 doesnt ride that bad for what it is and people are often impressed by it. Most of the ride is tires and people usually dont know that. As for the rust the floor isnt that bad. Ive got the carpet out and its pretty clean esp since it has been taking in water for a few years now but yeah it is a rusty bucket and it makes me jealous of your b2 which puts mine to shame but this was this best looking one i could find for less than 1k lol

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Got all my stuff from Duff awhile ago. Good prices and it all fit well. Thanks for liking my old BII. I've had her since 86 lol, second owner. So i know everything she's been through

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
My B2 was passed down through a family. So im kinda the 2nd owner. The kid that drove it before me liked it but wasnt inclined to learn or fix it. I could tell his dad was more of a shirt and tie vs a dirty work boot and rough hands type. So he probably didnt pass much down in terms of mechanical knowledge or interest either.

I just checked out duff. Theve got what im looking for except i dont like that they are blue. That would look goofy on a red and black truck lol. Im picky about those sorts of things

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Yeah mine are blue too but it really needed them and i got them for a good price. LMC is good for lots of parts and the prices aren't bad most of the time.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals