• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

moving

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
509........................as we said in the '60's.....Hang in there.....

saying a prayer for you that the local churches will give you some gas money to get you rolling!

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
so far from what i have been seeing is that this year was a bad year for alot of ppl and that is really a shame to see happening but when it happens to you you realize how hard it is to come back from it, but i know i will, maybe not as soon as i like but that is what challenges are for, is to make you learn a lesson so that way you don't fall down the same way again.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
mark i certainly believe in prayers and thanks and mobileaudio i have family but they are all in the town im leavin, and have one close friend down in arizona that lives with his mom so i wont be able to stay with him but his mom loves me so u never know for sure.
Good to hear that...they do work...if you just believe...:)

Best of luck in the New Year 509

Mark, quick and dirty is a quick take apart on the WC and reassemble using brake fluid or Sil glyde. Put WC back on, put drum back on, adjust shoes, bleed best you can. If bleeder sheared , clamp the pistons together, loosen brake line to the cylinder and bleed it into a little bottle of BF with a hose running to the end of the brake line. Then put the drum on and adjust brakes. Or even quicker and dirtier is to plug the brake line with a plug at the tee. That will leave you a brake shy of a full set, so plan your stops accordingly. :icon_thumby:
Thanks Andy! I put a plug in the T till I can get the new cylinder...didn't want to try playing with it for now...will try rebuilding it later maybe...

so far from what i have been seeing is that this year was a bad year for alot of ppl and that is really a shame to see happening but when it happens to you you realize how hard it is to come back from it, but i know i will, maybe not as soon as i like but that is what challenges are for, is to make you learn a lesson so that way you don't fall down the same way again.
As they say in England, keep a stiff upward, er, upper lip...(I have a similar saying that uses upward and some other parts of the male anatomy...lol)

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Rent has been going up a lot in the past few years. People would rather walk away from an apartment than a house. I know of people in a pretty nice area paying between $590 and $800 a month for a 1 bed room flat that is about 400-600 square foot. They don't get a washer or a dryer either...have to go out for that...ouch!!!
I was paying $600/month + utilities for a nothing special one room apartment in Omaha, I am now paying $350/month (insurance and taxes included) for 10 acres in the country with a story and a half house, garage and 40x60 barn all of my very own. Kinda neat to look at a picture of the earth and think a chunk of that is mine. :D

Of course now I have to buy a stove and dishwasher (always included before) and set aside money for repairs that crop up though. :annoyed:

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
Sorry to hear about your situation. Haven't had to deal with not having a place to live, but I lost my job 3 years ago, and have been working at McDonalds and doing odd jobs up until about 2 months ago. After the McDonalds fiasco with the store manager that's a complete retard, a liar and a thief I had enough. I am still in the food industry but in a better restaurant making better money. I have better employees, and it is family owned and operated which makes coming to work every day really relaxing its just like being part of their family and I get treated as a person rather than a number. Yes, a lot of people have had bad times this year and the previous couple years. It doesn't look like its going to get any better either.

I really hope your situation gets better soon. I also wish you the best and wish I had the funds to help you out in fuel, I know how hard it is not having anything, its taken me 3 almost 4 years to just start coming out even at the end of the month on money.

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
Mark, my local Auto Zone had them in stock for 13 $ , both sized brakes. Brakes iz cheep an' plentiful at the 'Zone. 6 plus months, 3k miles , no trouble so far. I ordered stuff on line, other stuff I ordered over the counter. All that earlier stuff was emergency, gotta get brakes going stuff. Fully intending to get good parts ASAP to fix right :D

Are you Canadians blessed with Auto Zone or equivalent?

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
85 ranger how did u score that and where, and wildbill thanks for the friendly gesture, hell right now i would love u even work at mcdonalds cleaning the dang bathrooms as long as it gets me some money in my pocket, but if only my wallet was as big as my dreams cause one day i wanna own 10-20 acres a decent home, detached shop, and a few head of livestock but for right now i can feel lucky for havin 30 bucks in my wallet for gas to keep my truck warm at nightand a mini propane stove with some cans of soup, right now i have more than what most homeless ppl have and i appreciate it. btw andy d get off my thread with that it doesnt have anything to do with me u thread jackers :icon_twisted: :thefinger: haha im just messin with ya man

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
I know how you feel. I was very happy working at McDonalds. I literally had some customers that would laugh at me for working at McDonalds and I would say at least I have a job. These were people on unemployment who think that McDonalds isn't good enough for them to work at. I can tell they are unemployed because of the type of debit card they use which is only used as an unemployment debit card that their benefits are deposited to every week. 3-1/2 years ago I was making $3k a month, lost my job went on unemployment for a few weeks then had enough of the dead end job leads, and went back to McDonalds and talked to my old boss who quickly hired me back on right then. I was just so happy to have a job again and he knew it. I went from $3k a month to $650 a month, and now with my new job I'm up to about $1100-1200 a month. Regardless though I know how it is to be unemployed and no money to do anything, however in the time of all this happening I found out who my friends really are, and realized that I took a lot of things for granted.

Let us all know how things go for you. If I was financially more stable right now I'd be able to send some funds your way but my wallet keeps going empty before payday LOL. Its sad to see so many people in these positions of no job, no money etc. Yeah some deserve help, others are just plain lazy. I wish I could help those who need help but I can't even help myself right now really. Its hard, I know it is.

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
yea im the type that soesnt like taking hand outs hell im not even on foodstamps but i just might go get on them just so i can have some money for food im glad i found this forum so far besides a few altercations with a few members i have found out there is still hope in this world for humanity

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
IMO if you need help get it, there's people out there that just take hand outs who don't even try I see it all the time where I live it makes me mad to see those people abusing the system because they're too high on drugs and lazy to get off their a** and get a job. Then the ones who truly need help have to fight an endless battle just to get what's handed out to people who don't deserve it or need it.

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
yea im the type that soesnt like taking hand outs hell im not even on foodstamps but i just might go get on them just so i can have some money for food im glad i found this forum so far besides a few altercations with a few members i have found out there is still hope in this world for humanity
LOL......at one time--I USED to be too proud to eat on a regular basis!

When you're down & out...get the help to survive til you get back on your feet!

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
i will be getting some help her in a few days when i get some gas money to make it to wenatchee to get foodstamps and i am hoping to have a grand or two in the next couple of months as long as i have some odd jobs i can find then i will be getting the front end of my truck fixed and moving out of state

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
85 ranger how did u score that and where
It was my great uncles (and my great grandparent's before him)

The estate had it appraised and I paid what they they deemed fair market value for it, $50k + required updates. It wasn't really that easy either, we had to put in water ($1200) and sewer ($6500) for anyone to loan me money for it (they want it turnkey so in case I quit making payments they can sell it easier)

Its about 70 miles east of Omaha.

It did neet a lot of work, it was full of loud 1970's wallpaper and carpet. It was livable just really dated. Outside it was pretty ingrown. I am just about done with paint inside, once that is done I can lay carpet and move it. :yahoo:

I should also mention that my family has been very helpful with it. I could have done the fixing on my own over time but everybody has really pulled together and helped me out big time. My great uncle helped clean up the brush, my uncle (electrition) updated the wiring and helped run the water line (ran the trencher and drilled the hole in the 2' thick foundation) and just about everyone else has helped strip wallpaper (layers) and paint.

Here is my thread I started, I am going to update it when get the interior done, outside hasn't really changed much except now it is white and the plantlife is dead.

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128174

Last edited:

tmcalavy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
If you worked for any length of time and qualify for unemployment and foodstamps, get yur A** down there and apply...you earned it man...no shame claiming what you earned. Go carefully...plan your move, expenses, etc., righteously and try to have a job or a lead on a job or two lined up before you move...the road is a hard place and there are lots of cracks to fall into nowadays everywhere you go in this country. Be prepared for culture shock when moving SW...we've the lost the best part of that part of our nation and it ain't getting any better.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals