• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

moving

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
well as of tonight i got kicked outta my place so im livin out of my explorer now till i can make gas money to make it down to arizona. i was wondering if anyone on here from that area could help me out on how much rent would be in the chandler area or close to that? i looked online but im not producing much as to rent wise.

PanamaExpat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual
Sorry to hear you are a bit down on your luck man. I have had to live out of the car before also. It was many years ago of course but I can relate. Anyhow new year and new opportunities are right around the corner. Don't let it get you down. Things will get better. Keep us informed on how you are doing.

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry to hear the bad news, and I recently went through a similar situation. It wasn't long ago your girlfriend left you as well, sounds like this has been a bad year for you all around. Things will get better. Keep your head up!

SVT

FritzTKatt

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Rent has been going up a lot in the past few years. People would rather walk away from an apartment than a house. I know of people in a pretty nice area paying between $590 and $800 a month for a 1 bed room flat that is about 400-600 square foot. They don't get a washer or a dryer either...have to go out for that...ouch!!!

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
yea it has been a hard year but i know i can make it thru this rough spot i just need to make that money and then im gone and wont have to deal with this cold at nights lol. sunk thanks, i forgot all about craigslist.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Good luck,

Richard

mobileaudio219

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Do you have family/friends in that area? If so, ask them. They may know of neighboring towns with cheaper rent and utilities. My cities electric is HIGH, the neighbor town not only offers cheaper rent, but cheaper utilities... but the schools are better her so we choose to pay a little more for that reason.

For the time being, the little run down motels (we call them the roach motels), will often rent by the month, usually around 500-600 a month. Might be something to think about while you save for rent and all the deposits.

If you don't have a job lined out yet, search for temp. services in that area, and go ahead and apply now.

You might check with your local churches to see if they can help you out with gas money.

Good luck in the new year!

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
If it makes you feel any better...I am currently truckless...blew out a brake cylinder two days ago and can't get parts till 2013...I know that isn't a long time to wait, but being without a truck after so long has taught me a lesson...you're only as good as your last brake job...

Anyway, I know my situation isn't anything like yours and I do hope you resolve this soon...a prayer for your fortunes to turn around and get you situated better...

If you don't believe in prayers then sending good thoughts your way...:icon_thumby:

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
mark i certainly believe in prayers and thanks and mobileaudio i have family but they are all in the town im leavin, and have one close friend down in arizona that lives with his mom so i wont be able to stay with him but his mom loves me so u never know for sure.

mobileaudio219

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
mark i certainly believe in prayers and thanks and mobileaudio i have family but they are all in the town im leavin, and have one close friend down in arizona that lives with his mom so i wont be able to stay with him but his mom loves me so u never know for sure.

Like I said, hit up the local churches and see if they can help out with a little gas money. In the mean time, hit up the web and search for temp. services out there and apply. It'd be good to have a few potential jobs waiting for you out there.

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
Best of luck in the New Year 509

Mark, quick and dirty is a quick take apart on the WC and reassemble using brake fluid or Sil glyde. Put WC back on, put drum back on, adjust shoes, bleed best you can. If bleeder sheared , clamp the pistons together, loosen brake line to the cylinder and bleed it into a little bottle of BF with a hose running to the end of the brake line. Then put the drum on and adjust brakes. Or even quicker and dirtier is to plug the brake line with a plug at the tee. That will leave you a brake shy of a full set, so plan your stops accordingly. :icon_thumby:

scooter

October OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Or even quicker and dirtier is to plug the brake line with a plug at the tee. That will leave you a brake shy of a full set, so plan your stops accordingly. :icon_thumby:
I have used vice grips to pinch the rubber hose, and opened the bleeder to get by a few days. (Caliper locked up).

Good luck dood!!! Its been one hell of a ride for me this year also, just try to keep your head up!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals