• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Looking for Members and Trail specs for OR.

dangeranger01

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Just move to sw WA and drive to P-town, it would be easier.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
thats all fine and dandy except washington is the highest taxed state in the union :annoyed:

dangeranger01

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
that is true, that you seatle. Its really a lose lose situation, but for his trucks sake its the way to go. I personaly wanna move to CO or have been considering moving back to AZ.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
i wouldnt mind moving to AZ myself. mary is trying to get me to move us closer to portland though...so i think AZ would be kind of a step in the wrong direction :D

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
thats all fine and dandy except washington is the highest taxed state in the union :annoyed:
in what tax areas?its also the only state with a trade surplus with china.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
we have tax on everything. i dont pay close enough attention to politics to know where the money is going (im a grin and bare it kind of guy). i know we have a sales tax....and to register a vehicle in washington there are several additional taxes tacked on. also, trailers have a yearly registration...which means for my boat to be legal i need to pay registration on my truck to tow it, trailer to haul it, and boat to float it....triple wammy.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yep, we're taxed on everything. In most areas, (more the closer to Seattle you get) it's 8.8% - 9.0% sales tax around my area. I think my truck was 50, or 60 bucks for tabs on. Property tax, all kinds of fees on everything, and more taxes.

But I am guessing alot of those fees and taxes are everywhere, not just Washington.

One thing I've never understood, in order to transport a camp on your truck, you have to have plates, and tabs on it, but if you put the camper on a trailer, only the trailer needs tabs? Whats with that?

Isn't it cheaper to live in Washington, but by everything in Oregon? Becuase Oregon does not have sales tax, but they tax somethign else that we don;t get taxed for up here?

dangeranger01

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Isn't it cheaper to live in Washington, but by everything in Oregon? Becuase Oregon does not have sales tax, but they tax somethign else that we don;t get taxed for up here?
Ranier OR is a 2min dribvefrom my house, gas is usually $.10 cheaper across the bridg and we dont have to pay tax on anything there.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Is gas cheaper becuase of having no tax?

It would make sense.

And for something like a pair of cloths, the money you save in tax would pay for the gas to get there. Now imagine if you had to buy a TV, or refridgerator or something!
I like that idea, haha.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
my parents do a lot of shopping in idaho. they live in washington, about 5 miles from the border. idaho (like oregon) = no sales tax.

yodaman1151

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
we taxed on our income... not sure if that's how it is in wa. i live in oregon city which is like 15 min (depending on traffic) south of p-town. i've been looking for the same crowd ha ha but i go and play in the hills and scout for stuff with my friends every once in a while. my cousin is going to school in corvalis as well he wheels a little be but he has a stock pathfinder that he is only interested in getting covered in mud not testing it's abilities

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
my parents do a lot of shopping in idaho. they live in washington, about 5 miles from the border. idaho (like oregon) = no sales tax.
When I buy expensive stuff I usually go to Oregon, bout a 1/2 hour drive.

Hell they even tax you when you buy a USED car!!! And to get WA ORV tags on my bike I have to have a title, Gas Gas's don't come with titles, they come with MSO papers so if I go down to get a title they'll charge me tax on that too! Oregon ORV tags are easy to get though, did have some sheriff bitch us out one time since we're WA residents with OR tags. They can kiss my ass.

Last edited:

yodaman1151

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
yeah orv tags here are like $10.50 and you just have to give them the VIN# or license plate depending on the vehicle. my cousin borrowed my jeep to drive down at the beach and since we camp on the sand he needed to buy a orv tag and he licensed the orv tag to his toyota MR2. ha ha it specifically says toyota 2dr on the reciept but i haven't ever had a ranger look up my orv tag number so i'm not worried

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
When I buy expensive stuff I usually go to Oregon, bout a 1/2 hour drive.

Hell they even tax you when you buy a USED car!!! They can kiss my ass.
i have my mother buy stuff for me and then go up to oregon and get it.you can also get non CA appliances and small engines there(cheaper more polluting lwan mowers and generators, etc.

if you want around tax on used cars tell dmv that you bought it for 100$ or whatever.then the tax is much less:icon_thumby:

87RedrangerSTX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
soon to be 5.0 now 2.9
Transmission
Manual
Are you down here yet from homer? I was born in Fairbanks and lived all my life in Kodiak til I moved down here 4yrs ago . Commercial fished halibut and black cod out of kodiak delivered to homer a few times and crawled back to the boat from the salty dog lol. But theres some decent wheeling out of castle rock find someone local to take you up to five corners up past there can get interesting after the snow hits. i have some friends that live in longview that like to wheel. They have a ramcharger on 40s thats locked up,his bother just got rid of his bII for a samurai, and they have a bunch of friends with varying rigs. out on hwy 4 from longview theres a bunch of places to go(I drove a logtruck til recently so I got payed to go tour potential trails lol). Anyways there's tons of wheeling around that area.
Marvin

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals