• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just Installed Shiftster, Question About Remaining Wires

DangerRangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Before I get started on my question, I will say that the shiftster is one of the greatest things you can upgrade your truck with. I have had 4x4 problems with my truck since the day I bought it. Switching to Warn hubs and The Shiftster have canceled out all the frustration involved with Fords 4x4 set up on our trucks. Anyways, I had to unplug a few wires when installing it and was wondering if its going to hurt my truck or have any effect. One is a little single wire which I have put a wire nut on and the other is a thick bundle which i have tucked into the frame. What are these wires and will having them unplugged have a bad impact on my truck? Thanks.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Rodney Colvin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I plan on putting the shiftster in, but right now I just have the motor off because it would'nt let me out of 4lo. I just pushed everything out of the way and quick tied it in. No problems yet besides the 4x4 lights flash every few minutes.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals