• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I think I need a new cell phone

fordboi415

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0V6
Transmission
Manual
I'd stay away from the storm for awhile until they work the bugs out, I have the new blackberry curve and it rules and you don't have to pay extra to have it like you do the iphone, I'm always on trs with my blackberry and hardly use my desktop

milje

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I thought about getting one of those really tough phones too, might have to check them out.

LITTLE FOOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
^there worth it if you work construction or some place like that

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Heres my phone, I love it but I hate AT&T it does everything phone, mp3, fm radio, timer, stopwatch, internet, videos, movies, stepcounter, records videos, edits videos pics and songs, make your own songs, takes the best pics i've ever seen on a phone comes with head phones, and two small subwoofers. has a M2 256mb removable memory card. the list goes on.
http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/overview/w580i?cc=us&lc=en

milje

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Heres my phone, I love it but I hate AT&T it does everything phone, mp3, fm radio, timer, stopwatch, internet, videos, movies, stepcounter, records videos, edits videos pics and songs, make your own songs, takes the best pics i've ever seen on a phone comes with head phones, and two small subwoofers. has a M2 256mb removable memory card. the list goes on.
http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/overview/w580i?cc=us&lc=en
I had one of those, worked great up until the keyboard would barely work.

PickupMan04 FX4 L2

That thing has more joints in it than woodstock!

I used to be pretty hard on cell phones, but now most of the time I have it out of my pocket and on my desk, so I don't really need a brick anymore like I have now. Not really a fan of Razr's because my last one just randomly died on me when I hung up one day, wouldn't turn on after that. That's when I bought the one I have now, then I bought a Sony Ericcson and that died on me.

A guy that I work with has a iPhone, maybe I'll try his out one of these days if I can catch him before he leaves. I was confused about the data plan price because when you click on the iPhone data plan for a description, it says you need to have a data plan, wasn't sure if they meant you need something on top of that or not, since they're always so clear on billing :icon_twisted:
i CAN TELL YOU I DROP IT MULTIPLE TIMes daily.. um ive had it for a year and a half.. and there are no failures with the hardware or software

RyanD2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I had the LG VU for about 2 weeks, now have iPhone. The VU was alright, I just didn't like the way the browser worked or the fact that I couldn't hook up to an Exchange server for emails. I also had an iPod Touch and really got used to the feel of that, ultimately I wanted everything the iPod had but with phone capability as well. I'm happy with it, the plans are pretty pricey due to having the unlimited data, I also pay for 1500 texts, bill is roughly $95/month. As for taking care of it, they make protective film that goes over the screen, almost like a sticker but uses static instead of an adhesive. Put one on as soon as the sales guy peeled off the original protective cover.

irishblessing

i have this phone i love it its a beast ive dropped in on accident so many times on ashpalt in water it still works

i really want this phone this is such a cool phone my friend has it i like it better than the blackberry and the iphone

joldtown

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Palm Centro! I love this phone. Full QWERTY board, tons of apps, cheaper than an iPhone. I also had the Sonoy Ericcson W580i,, great if you want a music player. I love my Centro, not to big not to small, easily add up to 4 gigs of external mem., great touch screen, so much crap on it it took me about a week just to learn how to make a call. HIGHLY recommend!

LITTLE FOOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i guess the touch screen on the dare isnt that bad.
i was working on my truck today and put the phone on the hood. i finished up and took it for a test run down he road....opps i forgot about the phone, and at 65mph i see it fly awayto the other side of the road. got to get it only thinking the worst and other than a few nicks and scratches it works fine. no screen damage. i love this phone more and more every day...... sorry had to share

Southern_Trendkill

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1961, 2010
Make / Model
Mercury, Mitsub
Engine Size
144 "Thriftpower", 2.4 MIVEC
Transmission
Manual
The Blackbery storm will give you well over double the internet speed as the iphone. Apple locks all the iphones down to ridiculously low speeds so they can come out with a new version ever 6 months and jack the price up a hundred bucks for the same phone, just by raising the bitrate restriction a bit.

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
i just upgraded yesterday, and i went thur three phone in 5 hours and ended up wiht the i phone, some of the PDA stuff you need the little pen to you you cant txt on them and drive ect, if your sitting at a chair there ok, but not good if your on the move. and i like the Iphone human interaction better, everything is logical, and arnt givin to much data to deal with, the one i tried to send a txt, and it was asking me all sorts of questions before i could even start txt,

Rinny650

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, now "Demon" 347
Transmission
Automatic
I have the T-Mobile Wing. It's made by HTC. It is awesome. Full qwerty keyboard. Responsive touch screen and fast internet and email. 2.0 gb camera but takes great pics. I have dropped it on concrete several times by accident and for a $700 phone it took it very well.

The Sony w580i is a POS. I went through about 10 in less than 6 months. The keys will crack in half and fall out if you text a lot. The older w710 or somethin like that was awesome. Its a rubberized flip phone. It was super tough.

For anybody with the blackberry pearl or curve, if you have the dirt problem in the ball, then do this. Take a knife tip or something sharp and pry the small silver ring off from around the track ball.

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have two cell phones, this is my GoPhone...it doesn't even have a camera...but my battery will last 5-6 days without a recharge depending on talk time. My other phone is a Rzr V3m. POS if you ask me...paints rubbing off and i've only had it since July. Freezes up when I hang up sometimes. And my water indicator has the red dots already, don't know how because I got this from when I dropped my other one in the pool http://www.motorola.com/consumers/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=25e02a1d12e89110VgnVCM1000008406b00aRCRD&vgnextchannel=8b871df4f3d89110VgnVCM1000008406b00aRCRD
Edit:My $15 GoPhone...here's some specs on that battery life
STANDBY TIME Up to approximately 14.1 days
USAGE TIME (CONTINUOUS) Up to approximately 9.1 hours

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals