• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

heres my link setup

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Ruth, looks like a super sick rig. Do you ever come down south towards Hammers or anything around there?

RUTH

September 2010 OTOTM
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ruth, looks like a super sick rig. Do you ever come down south towards Hammers or anything around there?

thanks josh, no i have never been, im from the northwest (washington state) and everything was just so far away... but i just relocated to nevada so i hope i will be hitin all the sweet spots within in the next couple of summers, really wana do the rubicon, moonrocks, moab who knows the clic mtn's, well see what the budget allows..

got any good pics of the hammers???

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Make / Model
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
Transmission
Manual
the bored 2.9 didn't do a whole bunch. my buddy has a b2, on the same 33x12.5's. and he blows me outta the water.

i'm chopped. bored and cammed. with magnaflow exhaust, m50d tranny and 3.73 gears.

he has a stock b2, stock 2.9, stock fm145/fm146 (dont remember), and 3.45 gears.

and on the arms, when i say dana crappy i mean dana real crappy (28)

RUTH

September 2010 OTOTM
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the bored 2.9 didn't do a whole bunch. my buddy has a b2, on the same 33x12.5's. and he blows me outta the water.

i'm chopped. bored and cammed. with magnaflow exhaust, m50d tranny and 3.73 gears.

he has a stock b2, stock 2.9, stock fm145/fm146 (dont remember), and 3.45 gears.

and on the arms, when i say dana crappy i mean dana real crappy (28)
o ok, you mean when lifting the ttb, use a custom radious arm setup instead of droping the stock radious arm down??? still have to drop the ttb arms or housing down to keep geometry right though.. i hope im understanding your question:dunno:

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Make / Model
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
Transmission
Manual
o ok, you mean when lifting the ttb, use a custom radious arm setup instead of droping the stock radious arm down??? still have to drop the ttb arms or housing down to keep geometry right though.. i hope im understanding your question:dunno:
my first setup on the ttb was stock arms with a 4in drop kit all the way around.

then i got a set of skyjacker arms, but the drivers side is bent way more than the dude said, and its causing all sorts of issues for me. plus i don't really like the tranny mount for it either.

my thoughts were to take it just like ppl do with the solid axle setup. i'll build some radius arm brackets, install them, then make the brackets for the radius arms to mount to the TTB 28/35. then add some 2" .25 dom to it. lower first then upper.

of course make sure my caster doesn't get F'ed up as well

RUTH

September 2010 OTOTM
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ok... yeah i would go for it.. and my thoughts, if you made them a little longer than the stock location, do you thing it would help with leverage?? mabe flex a little better maybe idk, i know when i lifted my ttb the springs i got were hard as a rock, i was pissed but delt with it.. if you do this post up a thread in the what are you builing in the fabrication section or something, id like to see it for sure :icon_thumby:

STX1992

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ok... yeah i would go for it.. and my thoughts, if you made them a little longer than the stock location, do you thing it would help with leverage?? mabe flex a little better maybe idk, i know when i lifted my ttb the springs i got were hard as a rock, i was pissed but delt with it.. if you do this post up a thread in the what are you builing in the fabrication section or something, id like to see it for sure :icon_thumby:

Dude Ur Bii Is SWEETT!!!!!!!! :headbang:

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Make / Model
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
Transmission
Manual
oh yes. extended arms help ALOT with flex on this TTB's. i had rough country coils before, and they were crazy stiff. now i have skyjacker coils so its better. still wish they were softer. but for now i'll build longer arms and deal with it until i go SAS or something else

RUTH

September 2010 OTOTM
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

RUTH

September 2010 OTOTM
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
oh yes. extended arms help ALOT with flex on this TTB's. i had rough country coils before, and they were crazy stiff. now i have skyjacker coils so its better. still wish they were softer. but for now i'll build longer arms and deal with it until i go SAS or something else
yeah i think thats what i had, some rough countrys, and yes they were rough..

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Make / Model
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
Transmission
Manual
yeah i think thats what i had, some rough countrys, and yes they were rough..
thanks for the wisdom! i'll post up in my build thread if and when i get something done.

RUTH

September 2010 OTOTM
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
wisdom....well i dont know about that but thanks..:icon_thumby: and sounds good ill keep an eye out for a post sometime..

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic
2 words.

limit straps.

RUTH

September 2010 OTOTM
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2 words.

limit straps.
i know i know...old pic that was a mid build pic, before i had rear shocks, limit straps and a good front shock hoops i took that, im currently trying to get the front shocks reworked and limiting straps.... but i just moved and i need a new garage to setup and uggghh everything else... thanks for the advice though :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals