• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

help me with my exhaust leak!

crankyjew2d2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Flex
Transmission
Automatic
yeah, I realize I posted about this leak a few months back. Same thing, the joint between my y-pipe and the catalytic is wide open. bolts rusted to nothing, flanges useless. I was looking at just replacing the gasket, until I realized that there's not much of either flange left to clamp the joint back together.

I need this joint tightened up, the sound of a leak this bad hurts my ego, and smells bad.

I can think of two options left: some split-flange arrangement, or cut the flanges out and clamp in a sleeve.

help me out with this, what do y'all think I should do.

does anyone even make a split flange for this joint?

92NHranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
What i did is cut it at the y, and brought it to a shop and had it reran from the manifolds back after i ****ed up clamping in 3 times.. it was worth every penny

Jasper_S

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
That sounds alarming. You have to fix it immediately as it can pose a danger to your health. You should always take time to carefully inspect your exhaust system for leaks. Stay safe!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals