• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hats for big heads

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So I drive for a living. And I tend to wear baseball caps. And apparently I have a head the size of a man hole cover. Because I’m always maxing the straps. Or they fit so tight they rub my scalp raw.

So does anyone else struggle with a koolaid man sized head and have a recommendation for a hat that’s comfortable?

rubydist

TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger FX4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yes, I need 7 5/8 or 7 3/4 size caps / hats and struggle to find them. But there are some online sources that have real caps, not the adjustable ones, and from those places you can find caps in the size you need. Look at Dick's Sporting Goods for example, and exclude the "one size" alternatives.

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
This woman in West Texas waited tables at a popular restaurant there when 4 tall ranchers came in for lunch. They wanted a table for 8.
She led them to a large round table, and before sitting down they each removed their Stetson and put it in the chair beside them ;)

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
I as well have a big ass head (or as I call it sometimes to be funny a big asshead lol). The struggle is real, hats that look deep are tiny and you need at least two buttons on the adjusters to work right... Every now and then I run into hats that fit good so I wear them till they're destroyed... One that has fit great is a New Era flex fit Large-xlarge that's in front of me, another that isn't bad is a Flexfit brand L-XL. Now finding those in the wild with something on the front that isn't dumb is HARD, I've found the ones I have by accident and free somehow...

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
For a good cold weather winter hat... look at Stormy Kromer.

It will likely out live you.

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I went in Salvation Army Thrift store a couple months ago and picked up 5, all looked brand new. I'll wear any of them and 3 are ones I like, the other two is a Toyota dealership and some car auction I never heard of.
Can't remember now for sure, was it a buck or a buck 25 they charged me for those. Also got a couple winter shirts at 2.99

14TR

Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco 2
Transmission
Manual
I feel your pain. And to top it off I’m only 5’9” and average build so my big ass head looks extra big on my frame haha. My wife has a big head too. Our daughter and son both have giant heads and when they go to the pediatrician they show you the growth chart. Their heights and weights are in the normal to a little above normal range, but their heads are 95th and 100th percentile for my daughter and son respectively lol. Ehh, they say big head smart brain.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
New Era caps tend to run a bit larger. I bought a bunch for my employees recently and the big head guys were able to use more then one button on the adjuster.

I got them from a company that does embroidery and they put out logo on them.
You could order a couple blank hats and have someone embroider anything you want in it if you can’t find a hat you like.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals