• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Front Bumper Brackets

99_3.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.GO!
Transmission
Automatic
Been a while since I've been on the forum! I sold my F150 a while ago and I picked up another 03 Ranger. I'm going to be fabbing up another front bumper for it and was wondering if anybody knew of a company that makes custom front bumper brackets. I had bought some before that worked great but can't seem to find them anywhere! They were laser cut out of 7 guage or quarter inch steel, can't remember which. Any help would be appreciated!!

99_3.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.GO!
Transmission
Automatic
If it helps to narrow it down I had to cut out the center "strip" of the frame horns and the new mounts bolted on inside the frame rail. I welded nuts onto the mounts and ran a bolt in from the outside of the frame. I've looked for a couple hours to find them and can't!! Any help would be appreciated! I'll even show off pictures when I get started :icon_thumby:

zenergiix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
im looking for someone to make mounts on my bumper as well

RockRanger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Been a while since I've been on the forum! I sold my F150 a while ago and I picked up another 03 Ranger. I'm going to be fabbing up another front bumper for it and was wondering if anybody knew of a company that makes custom front bumper brackets. I had bought some before that worked great but can't seem to find them anywhere! They were laser cut out of 7 guage or quarter inch steel, can't remember which. Any help would be appreciated!!
Do you have dimensions or any drawings of what you are looking for? Depending on how much information you provide I could cut something on my cnc plasma table for you. I don't have a SLA truck to take measurements off of.

im looking for someone to make mounts on my bumper as well
Here is the center section of a bolt on winch mount I did for my 93. The side plates bolt to the factory mounts then I plan to drill two more holes on each frame rail to help secure it.

Untitled by dresselhausfc, on Flickr

Here it is mostly completed. I still need to paint it to be finished. I would sell the whole bumper. It has been fully welded sense the pictures were taken.

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Price tag? I have a 94 that I need to get a winch bumper for.

99_3.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.GO!
Transmission
Automatic
I ended up going in a little bit different direction than I was planning. I built a "bumperette" that fits inside the gap in the factory bumper. Basically what I wanted was a stronger front recovery point than the factory tow hooks; the welds on those are god awful. I used some angle iron and 2x2 square tubing to build it. I will post pictures later today. I like it simply for the fact that it's significantly stronger than the factory tow hooks and it looks pretty cool tucked into the bumper. :icon_thumby:

mkimber

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
RockRanger, what did you do about the crumple zones in the frame?

RockRanger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
As far as the bumper is concerned I left it as is. My bumper bolts completely to the factory mounts. Just drill 2 extra holes in the factory mounts. My previous bumper only mounted with the two factory bolts on each side. I had a lot of hard pulls on it and never had a problem.

I do have a piece of angle iron welded to the bottom and inside of the frame rails. It is there from when I did a SAS with leafs. I have sense went to 3 link with coils. There are welds in spots I cant get a grinder into to cut off so it is still there. If i could cut it off I would have nothing changed in the crumple zone.

mkimber

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Cool, thanks. I always wondered how the frame would handle a winch.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals