• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ford is bringing sexy back

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I'm pretty sure the 89 that I looked at was close to or above $40Gs...but that was one of the first of the line so they might have been overpriced...and that was Canadian dollars so who knows...The 5.0 mustang was my second choice, didn't even think about the Turbo Coupe T-Bird...until after I read a magazine article about it being the fastest production car that year...

Mtrhd0024

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
$38k for a 365hp twin turbo AWD sedan ain't that bad!

The new Subaru Impreza WRX STi starts at $34k and its only got 305hp and appears to be a good bit smaller than the new Taurus.

I love the look of the gauges in the Taurus! They look HOT!

yodaman1151

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
my uncle bought a SHO cuz he rearended it with his dumptruck... ha ha don't worry it just broke the spoiler. that thing ripped from what they said about it. i think he only had to buy it for like 3k or somethin like that. it was ugly as hell but i guess it moved

94 lifted ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
all i have to say is finaly ford got smart and tapped into the AWD market and the Twin Turbos is going to be awesome.....now will they AWD turbo a Focus?

Mtrhd0024

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
all i have to say is finaly ford got smart and tapped into the AWD market and the Twin Turbos is going to be awesome.....now will they AWD turbo a Focus?
No plans as of yet... Here in Europe we've got the new Focus RS which is turbo'd but its still only FWD. AWD is extremely popular in Ireland and the UK because of how big rallying is. It was dissapointing to hear how its only FWD but it will still MOVE! The diff design has supposidly more or less eliminated the torque steer that you normally get from high power FWD cars, and its supposed to be extremely fun to drive.

One of my good friends has a 1997 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Type R japanese import putting out between 310-330 AWD hp and its very rapid. I went to a car show on Sunday in which his car was entered and I rode up with him. The whole way back (three hours) we followed a friends new Vauxhaul Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition. (Vauxhaul is owned by GM, and many of the cars they produce are rebadged as Saturn in the US, so the Saturn Astra is the same car) That thing is only FWD but its turbo'd and its damn near as quick as the Subaru! When we'd race, it would pretty much come down to whoever shifted quicker. We had three people in the Subaru and a trunk full of water, cleaning supplies, ramps, etc, and he had 4 people in the Astra, so it was about even. I'd certainly rather have AWD any day but its actually pretty amazing how quick these modern FWD cars are!!

The 2009 Focus RS:

I think that looks HOT!! Expecially for a factory hot hatch! If it was AWD there'd be no question whether I'd rather have that or a new Subaru Impreza!!

One of my buddies was considering getting one of these. If he goes through with it I'll post pics/vids and keep you posted. His dad has a 2009 Ferrari F430 so its certainly a possibility! They've also got an 06 Scooby WRX STi... Personally I think he should just drive it but awh well, suppose the Focus would still be sweeett!

Last edited:

MasherAZ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think the red one looks like volvo. I do like the silver tho, and for the price it looks like a nice car. I just like the fact that Ford is getting more aggressive and bold with their styling.

souldoubt88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
That focus RS is titties mcgee!

hades

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Wow... cool specs. So awesome... I wish I have some money to buy one. Yeah, bring the sexy back Ford!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals