• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ford and nissan merger?

rngrdngr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
heard today on the radio that ford might merger in with nissan if they cant get out of the bind. is this true. if so ford sucks balls!

LittleHorse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
if it is true, I don't really see that much of a problem with it. Of all the Japanese automakers, Nissan would be the best. They have the most progressive, inspired designs instead of looking like an appliance (ahem, Honda, Toyota), they actually have some idea how to build a truck (Honda lol), and they have a LONG and successful history in competitive motorsports.

I think a Nissan Titan built on an F-150 platform and a Mustang build on a 370Z/GTR/G37 platform could the best thing that's happened to either of them. A 4.6L mod V8 shoehorned into a 4-seat version of a 370Z with Mustang-styled bodywork would be 400lbs lighter than the current Mustang and have independent rear suspension, and the entire chassis could be built by a much more efficient and cost effective assembly process. The new Camaro wouldn't stand a chance, nor anything else build on this side of the planet.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I agree with LH. Look at the 350Z now. It runs with or slaughters the Mustang and previous Camaro's (the new one probably as well, we will have to wait and see) and does it all with a V-6 and no forced induction. If you could get a lightweight V-8 in that chassis it would be unstoppable in that segment of cars. All Ford has to do is build a lighter V-8 so the balance of the car doesn't get ruined making it handle like crap.

willied

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V8
Transmission
Automatic
I'd rather not see them merge. Nissan makes some ugly vehicles and I don't want it to affect Ford.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Oh yeah, Ford's design department really cranks out some beauties. LMAO they have had one good looking car in what, the last 30 years?

BIDNESS57

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 & 03
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I owned a 93 Nissan Quest for a few years while I was a family man. on the inside of sliding door were small Ford logos stamped into the metal, on the doors and rear door. And Mercury had the same van as well, called the Villager.

willied

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V8
Transmission
Automatic
Oh yeah, Ford's design department really cranks out some beauties. LMAO they have had one good looking car in what, the last 30 years?
Much better than what Nissan makes. F-150 looks better than the Titan, Ranger looks better than the Frontier, etc.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Lets have our frames rot in two.

later,
Dustin

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
Dustin, that was Toyota. And unlike Ford ignoring problems for years (TFI ring a bell?) until there's a lawsuit, they actually paid well to buy those trucks back for repair and fixed the problem.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Much better than what Nissan makes. F-150 looks better than the Titan, Ranger looks better than the Frontier, etc.
I said car. Like it or not the truck market is dying and the CARS are where the focus needs to go if Ford is going to survive.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Dustin, that was Toyota. And unlike Ford ignoring problems for years (TFI ring a bell?) until there's a lawsuit, they actually paid well to buy those trucks back for repair and fixed the problem.
They hate Toyota here. He has to latch on to the frame issue. Too bad Toyota bought all those trucks back for 1.5 times its EXCELLENT CONDITION value. How dare they back their product.

I think it says something that almost every one our Toyota dealers took back was put towards another Toyota.

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
x2, I know a guy who wheeled a Toyota with said frame issues and they still gave him well above the conditions price on his truck AND agreed to let him keep the axles and all his mods.

Says alot in my book.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, then they are one ahead of Nissan...

Actually, the new Taurus, Fusion and Fiesta are pretty nice looking cars. They should be, Ford took out a loan against everything they own including the rights to blue oval logo to completely redesign their car lineup.

It wouldn't surpise me if they were trying to tap into the F-150 for a fullsize truck after the flop the Titan was. The 11 year old Ranger still outsells it. They were looking to have Dodge make a new Titan for them for them (as a rebadged Ram), but with them in court for bankruptcy that option is out.

And personally I would take a minor mechanical problem over a major structural problem anyday.

rngrdngr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
nissan may have faster cars and all the other crap, but the titans are shit. i know atleast 10 people that have had so many problems with there titans they switched to ford, chevy or dodges. not to mention the frontier was rated the lowest of all the trucks on the market. i also hate seeing these damn imports driving around. maybe if people stopped buying the foreign vehicles our American car companys wouldnt be in such a bind. if ford merged with toyota that would be a plus. the dodge ram ( weather you ford people like it or not) is rated the best pickup on the market, next in line toyota. ford might have a chance if they would keep there engines small and build them with power. look at the 4.0 what is it like 150hp. i had a chrysler with a 3.5 that had twin throttle bodys and had 280 hp. damn car was fast as hell. if ford built there engines for the rangers with way more power it wouldnt take so much pedal to keep it at 70, thus increasing the mpg. thats why i am selling my ranger, i have over 6k in the truck but my dodge diesel gets 22mpg and has 4x the power. im sure i would keep my ranger if it at least got 18 but 14 sucks balls for a small ass truck.

btw trucks arnt dieing just the gas engines. diesel is the wave of the future.

looking around on the internet i only found that dodge and nissan were going to work together to re-design the titan.

i have to give it to nissan with the 350z. if americans wernt so boner happy with gas hog v-8s camaros and challengers wouldnt be such a bad car to have.

ford just needs Japanese engineers to design our chassis and engines. seems to me we cant.

95RangerAK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Actually, the new Taurus, Fusion and Fiesta are pretty nice looking cars. They should be, Ford took out a loan against everything they own including the rights to blue oval logo to completely redesign their car lineup.

DUDE WTF?????? are you saying the fiesta is a good looking car? are you smoking crack?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals