• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fants truck

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
302 ready for carb tune

Attach Files
Valid file extensions: doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png txt zip
image.jpg (104.4 KB)

Attachments

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Fan got radiator. 400 bucks trashed. Wanta cry. Less than 10 min run time

Attach Files
image.jpg (92.4 KB)

Attachments

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Np208 tcase clearance. Stock 85 ranger crossmember.

Attach Files
image.jpg (78.0 KB)

Attachments

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Rear driveline

Attach Files
image.jpg (64.6 KB)

Attachments

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Tranny before install

Attach Files
image.jpg (71.8 KB)

Attachments

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Update. I used master cylinder. Clutch line. Slave cylinder combo frm bumper to bumper for 89 ford ranger 2.9 v6. It does work. It comes pre filled. Helps with bleeding process. 97 f150 r2 trans. 85 ford bronco no208 tcase. Fixed yoke on tcase. Front driveline was direct fit frm 83-84 ford f150 4x4 front driveline. Rear driveline comes from 91-94 ford explorer. The flange on rearend was direct bolt up to my 7.5 but a beefier ujoint. Direct fit. Linkage i cut down and made it more convienant for my leg room. Carpet was used frm extended cab 92 ranger. Better than my old rubber mat. Just temp fix. Had hell with the hei distributor able to advance due to heater hose spout. Its has a huge cap. Id reccomend small after market distributor for 302. I bought brass 45 and ground it till it was where i needed. Il post pics of it later. Had stock 94 f150 fan on motor and yea. My duff radiator got ate up with 1 in of clearance when loading on trailor to go have carb tweeked. Im not good at tweeking carbs. Lol. Sucks so bad bout my radiator. It set me back two months on my build now. Noone in my area redoes aluminum radiator cores. Il post more pics as i get other things done. If u got quest by all means ask and il try to help u with ur project. Mines been a huge nightmare. But hearing that motor fire up was so worth it

morse johnson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Nice project I like it

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
Where is the fill up point on your cooling system? Make sure it's the highest point in your choking system or getting all of the air bubbles out well be a bitch, saying that because your top rad hose looks like it's higher up then anything else.

As for the fan thing, I suggest an electric fan. The 3.8 Taurus fan does great and you can get them fairly cheap. Told they can move something like 2800cfm on the low setting, which is all I run, but have the high there just in case. But I'm also running an explorer 5.0 rad.

Sent from my rooted SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Attach Files
image.jpg (78.0 KB)
Can you get a few pictures of your front shaft from the yoke to the diff showing how close it gets to the frame? I'm running the same xfer case but mine doesn't have enough clearance to use the original xmember for a driveshaft and that's s why I am having to custom make an member. Yours xmember is the same distance as mine is from the xfer case.

Sent from my rooted SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Im glad u pointed that out on radiator hose. I didnt think of that. Il make modification to that. Yes il get u pics of drivelines today after work and post in the morning. I knw were running diff trannys but with my r2. I had to disconnect mount frm trans. Jack up tranny and slide crossmember in frame and lower trans down and bolt rubber mount to trans then i lined up holes and redrilled for crossmember new location. The driveline i used come off an 83-84 ford f150 front driveline. Il measure diameter today when i get off work.

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
If ul look at the pics. And il post more that shows better detail my tcase is completely up un between frame with a little play. I achieved this by leaving motor mounts loose. Having motor stand hold a little weight and pushing trans over to line up my reareend with tail housing of tcase. I knotched new holes in old crossmember and both ends are sitting flat on the inner frame. The layout worked great. My tcase is high up between frame. Rearend lined up great and my motor centered radiator alot better. But when i drilled motor mount holes i cut knotches where id have a little play and they are offset a little more than what ppr says it needs to be cuz i used ford f150 oil pan. And it had to clear front crossmember. I got a good 1/2-3/4 gap between oil pan and front crossmember with my setup. Il get u pics and try to have tape measure in pics to show distances. Maybe itl help u

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
U said a taurus fan works great right?what all do i need to pull from donor vegicle?do i need just fan and plug and wire it to my ignition to where when truck is on it is running or follow wires and pull relay and try to get whole harness to fan???ive never had electric fan on anything and ive nvr installed one before so plz excuse my ignorance on lack of knowledge here. Lol

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
So why not use the taurus module and sensors?do the stocks module and sensors not do the high and low cooling frequency???

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals