• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Extending rear brake line after 6" lift

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
need to find a rear brake hose for a 6" suspension lift. i know i can buy the expensive braided ones from skyjacker or where ever, but was wondering if anyone knows of one that will fit from another vehicle that i can pick up from autozone? didnt see anything for the rear in the tech library, just the front. btw, its a '95 extcab 4x4. thanks in advance!

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 6" lift and didn't need a rear line. Since the line runs to the middle of the axle, it does matter how much I flex, the line doesn't go up or down.

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
mine is really tight at full droop. if you strum it, its about an e string on a guitar, lol.

Nater

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I ran into the same issue on my lift....my solution? I got a really long bolt and JB welded the head of the long bolt to the head of the original bolt....then used a washer and nut....works out fine so far...

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
I just built a little bracket to drop the rear factory line down about 3"...never had a problem with it in 5 years.

89PBR96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I haven't had any issue with My rear yet for the front I used the Chevy 3500 rubber Hoses forget the Numbers but they are in the tech section some where like a 95 ish pickeup right and left side they work great

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
btw, for the front lines, the part# someone gave for the one piece front hoses, is completely wrong! the hose itselft is about 2" longer, but it doesnt have the built in steel ext. so they are the exact same size! plus you have to grind down the side where it meets the caliper.

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
brake hoses vary so much vehicle to vehicle that i just went the stainless route, it ended up being about the same price as the rubber hose. i work at a parts store so i spent a couple of days looking through our illustrated books of brake hoses with dimensions, but i couldnt find anything that closely mocked the stock ranger hoses in a longer length.

holyford86

Some guy with a problem
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
many
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
33x12.50R15
For the rear hose,a rear hose from a 1989 dodge ram 1/2 ton 4x4 will work, i've done it. as for the front lines, I used 1989 Chevy K2500 hoses there are two choices for GVW choose the 8600# one.

... i work at a parts store so i spent a couple of days looking through our illustrated books of brake hoses with dimensions, but i couldnt find anything that closely mocked the stock ranger hoses in a longer length.
NAPA prolink is a wonderful thing, I searched by end type and looked at lengths and styles to come up with what I use.

Last edited:

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
For the rear hose,a rear hose from a 1989 dodge ram 1/2 ton 4x4 will work, i've done it. as for the front lines, I used 1989 Chevy K2500 hoses there are two choices for GVW choose the 8600# one.

NAPA prolink is a wonderful thing, I searched by end type and looked at lengths and styles to come up with what I use.
I have access to napa prolink, where is there a spot to put end types and lenths in there?

holyford86

Some guy with a problem
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
many
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
33x12.50R15
I have access to napa prolink, where is there a spot to put end types and lenths in there?
I should have known someone would ask, I just re attempted it, for about 20 minutes, with no luck. I searched brake hose, got every one in the site and by some combination of selections I got an end type selection, it was about a year ago though. I just searched for a heater hose with a very specific bend that I needed and got diameters and lengths though... Well... I'm off to go stuff my foot in my mouth apparently, dammit... A search of the brake parts I mentioned, by application does give me dimensions and end types though...

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals