• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ever tracked down an old vehicle?

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
I haven't done it, but my friend has purchased a car for the second time three times now. He always keeps the buyers phone number. The latest was his 99 Cobra that he still owns now. He called the guy he sold it to, which had just traded it in the week before. Luckily the dealer had just got it ready to sell when he called, and he flew back to Utah to buy it (he lives in AZ).

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I wouldn't mind finding my fathers '65 Mustang Convertable. But that's long gone..

superdave1984

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
My dad sold my (his) 69 Mustang Fastback way back in 1990 for $1950. I had over $2000 just in the motor. I was crushed, but he needed the money. Didn't even tell me he was selling it. Probably because he knew I would buy it. Anyway, he told the story like this: Sold it to a guy in Brownsville, TN who bought it for his son. His son drove it from Union City, TN to Brownsville. About 50 miles or so. Parked it until he could save up to get it titled and licensed. While the kid was saving up, the dad got a job out west somewhere. They trailer the car out there. Still untitled. Kid goes on a church rafting trip and drowns. Guy calls my dad asking if he wants to buy it back, of course he says no.
I would love to have it back, but likely it has found the crusher. It had a very well built 351C and C-6. Would absolutely haul ass. I doubt there's any way to find out after this long.

MikeM

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Alla mine were hauled off for scrap metal. I buy a car. If I like the make and model, I will buy another. Now I have parts car, that is out in back of the shop for parts. I've done this with VW bugs, a '66 Valiant, and 5 Jeep Grand Wags , and my current DDs a pair of '88 528es with a parts car for each. Last summer. I scrapped 3 Grand Wags, and 4 528es . It paid for our airfare to Ireland
I do about the same thing. Slowly strip the parts vehicle to support the DD. When the DD gets replaced, I buy the best edition of the same model, and the old DD becomes the new parts bitch. Old parts bitch then gets parted on craigslist and scrapped..

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
By the time I am done with a vehicle..... all its worth is scrap. I have tried parting them out but they just sit around wasting space........ so I strip them and sort the metals....... the bodies are usually rotted away by then.

So the answer to the question is no.

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
By the time I am done with a vehicle..... all its worth is scrap. I have tried parting them out but they just sit around wasting space........ so I strip them and sort the metals....... the bodies are usually rotted away by then.

So the answer to the question is no.
reminds me of a war story.....

just truckn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6inch suspension 3inch body
Tire Size
33 12.50 15
i was just thinking about that dose anyone know how to search for our cars without the vin number

Musick17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Some great stories guys! Always love hearing about other peoples adventures.

and 4.0B2, I dont remember the name of the town, it was some funky spelled place. I have it written down at home. Ill let you know what it is though, maybe you could swing by and ask the guy about it for me:icon_thumby:

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
I'd sure like to have my 86 GT back.

Sent while I should be doing something else

armadillon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I wish I had my 89 mustang back with the job I have now. I could actually make it look as well as it performed :(

wr250rdr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
When my dad was my age he got ahold of a halmon & moody 67 farlane with a 427 tunnel port side oiler and a 4 speed. For his 50th birthday I tried to track it down and see if I could get it back. After a lot of searching it went through 3 other people before a 17 year old kids parents bought it for him. After a week the car was wrapped around a light pole and totaled. The I had a friend that worked at the DMV and he helped a lot with tracking it down.

Musick17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
4.0B2....... Corinth, Mississippi. Ring a bell?

Plum Ranger XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
The 1980 Pinto that I had I have no idea what happen to it after I sold it, likewise with the 1984 Ranger I had. The 1987 Mustang I had I did a carfax report a while back I found out the owner hit something because the report said it had minor front end damage. Lastly, the 1995 Ranger I had has gone through three owners and the third one is my brother's ex girlfriend.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals