• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Duraspark

nightmare_82282

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
Yes, you have to have a wire running from the coil to the center pole on the dizzy
I took it off to put back on the car it belongs to. But I found another one laying around. I guess I just find another 12v and try again.:icon_hornsup:

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
It turns over but no spark. I got a coil wire off my other car that's made for that kinda coil. Could it be the volt reg?
No, probably not...that is part of your charging system...doesn't have a whole lot to do with ignition.

I think you just need to eliminate things... trace wires back and find out where this ridiculous high voltage is coming from.

Last edited:

nightmare_82282

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
No, probably not...that is part of your charging system...doesn't have a whole lot to do with ignition.

I think you just need to eliminate things... trace wires back and find out where this ridiculous high voltage is coming from.
Do you think there could be any way it's the volt reg? I mean the only thing on this MF that puts out that much volts is the Alternator. I guess it's time to take the gloves off :annoyed:(after work, i'm on my lunch:icon_thumby:).

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Only way to really tell is to test it with a multimeter. Your alternator should only be putting out like 14ish volts.

nightmare_82282

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
Only way to really tell is to test it with a multimeter. Your alternator should only be putting out like 14ish volts.
I'll check it when I get home. Looks like the volt reg and alternator are new...er. But I pull them off and take them to Autozone or Schuck's after work. I think i'll look for another 12v and make sure all my grounds are good.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
He has to get it running to test the charging system. He is getting over 40 volts with no spark at the coil.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
He has to get it running to test the charging system. He is getting over 40 volts with no spark at the coil.
Heh, my bad. You are right.

nightmare_82282

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
Heh, my bad. You are right.
It ran before I did the Duraspark upgrade. It would worm up and die on me thats why I went with the Duraspark:icon_rofl: Any one need the computer, dizzy or stock carb $50 take it all.:icon_cheers:

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
If the coil and dizzy check out it has to be the module. If you still have the high volts to the coil check the hot to the module if it is batt voltage tap into it for pos on the coil.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
If you dont get power to the coil in the start position you will need to run a wire from the start circuit with a diode so power goes to the coil in the start position but dont back feed from the coil in the run position to the module. I believe there is a diode in the computer wiring if not you can get one at the part store.

nightmare_82282

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
If the coil and dizzy check out it has to be the module. If you still have the high volts to the coil check the hot to the module if it is batt voltage tap into it for pos on the coil.
The coil dizzy and module are brand new. But I didn't think about checking if the module has the right volts. I hope it's not getting high volts too.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Where in WA are you this high volts reall has me stumped. Maybe with the engine running but not with battery voltage. Someone did something to boost the voltage.

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
take the module to advanced and have em test it, its free. more then likely with the duraspark conversion and it doesnt spark its the box. coulda messed something up with the wiring, also push the coil end of the coil plug boot up so the nipple that goes into the coil is showing, and test to see its fully seated in the coil, then push the boot back down

nightmare_82282

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
take the module to advanced and have em test it, its free. more then likely with the duraspark conversion and it doesnt spark its the box. coulda messed something up with the wiring, also push the coil end of the coil plug boot up so the nipple that goes into the coil is showing, and test to see its fully seated in the coil, then push the boot back down
I took the boot of the coil wire and clicked it into the coil. It didn't have any spark. I don't really want to take the module off, if you look at the pic you can see that I pop riveted it on the drive side inter fender. There's no chance I mess up the wiring. It's plug and play on mine. Just have to tap a 12v for (+) of the coil. Witch I did.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals