• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Daily Driver/ Desert Toy Build

csampson311

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual

csampson311

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys. Sorry for the delay in updating. School started yesterday so my mind has been elsewhere. Anyways I went with the thrush because by the time I saw the other replies I already ordered it. The muffler came this afternoon so I will take it by my local muffler shop to get installed when I get payed Thursday. More pics and a video of the sound will be uploaded shortly after.

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
how much was the paint job?

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
its a good looking truck, i love the green

csampson311

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
So I got the thrush welded on. It is the 2 1/4" one I went with. I got about a ft of tubing the come out of the muffle and dumps just before the rear axel. The sound is much deeper than before :) obviously it is not as loud as before but I'm willing to sacrifice because with the muffler now I no longer have a slight stumble off the line. unfortunately I could not get a good enough quality video to post but I have some pics.

Btw... This is not permanent. It was just a cheap quick fix for the stumble due to lack of back pressure. I hope to eventually get a flowmaster... Just not now haha

csampson311

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
I went to best buy today with a friend and found a killer deal.

Out the door for 45$ I couldn't resist. I still need to make a box and get some components but I wasn't going to pass up this deal.

csampson311

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Holey Moley it's been a while since and update. Sorry to those of you who have been watching since the beginning but I haven't had much time for the truck being a 1st semester high school senior. After the holidays when I'm not focused on applications and scholarships as much I should have more frequent updates. But for now this is what I've got...
I got the hole in the bed somewhat patched and I rolled herculiner bedliner down. That stuff is feaking amazing FYI!

Heavyfire14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
nice truck. where do you go offroading?

csampson311

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
nice truck. where do you go offroading?
I just got the truck this summer so I havent gone playing yet. Once dirtbike season starts I should be out. I typlically go to Jawbone near Mojave but I also go to Ocotillo Wells or Lucern.

Heavyfire14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
I just got the truck this summer so I havent gone playing yet. Once dirtbike season starts I should be out. I typlically go to Jawbone near Mojave but I also go to Ocotillo Wells or Lucern.
hey maybe we could meet up at ocotillo wells late janurary or early feburary sometime. or anytime that your down in the valley (T.B. sands, glamis). if you want.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals