• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Daily Driver/ Desert Toy Build

csampson311

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
I recently sold my first car and came up with the money to purchase a '93 Ranger. I have always loved the prerunner Rangers and I was fortunate enough to purchase a ranger with a skyjacker lift and fiberglass fenders already installed. I would love to complete this truck into a full prerunner but as of right now I still need to utilize my bed. This build will be slow but I sure hope you all like it because I am going to have a blast. The first order of business is a fresh paint job. Im going with Lime (monster) green. The truck is going to get dropped of at the painters this saturday. I will upload pictures of some the small things I have already done. Hope you enjoy! :):):)

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You can do a canti-lever setup for shocks in the back to keep the bed

csampson311

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Here are some pictures of how the truck looked when I first picked it up.

As you can see, the 4x4 grille is all chopped and the offroad lights are junk. Ive tossed them already and waiting for paint to put the new ones on.

Heres another shot that shows a custom bed cage in it. Unfortunately I had to pull it out so that I can still use the bed. Im going to keep the cage in case plans change down the line.

And this is my freshly painted skid plate.

Today I also tore apart the passenger door to replace the window motor and fix the door lock. I will be dropping the truck off tomorrow for paint so I shouldnt have any updates for another week or so.

csampson311

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
You can do a canti-lever setup for shocks in the back to keep the bed
I looked into this but it seems to be way out of my budget to make a setup. Would be cool though :D

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
you should ditch the lift for some cut and turned beams

csampson311

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
you should ditch the lift for some cut and turned beams
Eventually Id love to have this done. Right now as a 17year old student working part time this is going to be hard to get done. I know, however, some major suspension work will need to get done in the near future. The driver side coil looks as if it was landed on wrong and bent it because it is slightly bowed out. This makes the passenger side look taller. I was planning on replacing the coils in the meantime but I cant find a dealer that will just sell a pair of coils and not a kit.:icon_confused:

prerunnerwannabe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I would give Skyjacker a jingle to see if they will sell you the coils. Idk if they will, but it's worth a try:icon_thumby:

93 Ohio Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XLT
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Summit Racing sells coils by them selves but there in pairs of 2

doyouquaxu

Reaction score
i don't know where you're located, but btf in upland, ca makes a cantilever system for these trucks. i'm running the kit on my truck, check out my build thread on my profile and i also made a kit specifically for the cantilever system in this section.

csampson311

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
i don't know where you're located, but btf in upland, ca makes a cantilever system for these trucks. i'm running the kit on my truck, check out my build thread on my profile and i also made a kit specifically for the cantilever system in this section.
Cool thanks! Ill have to look into that. I live in LA so upland is not that far.

csampson311

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
I picked my truck up from the painter last night. It is very bright green and matches perfectly to to monster green. I am very pleased with it overall. Here are some pics.

When I picked it up.

Very Clean under the hood. Door jams too.

After I put all the lights and the new grille back in.

csampson311

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
lol Yea that was my only hesitation with the color but I couldnt be happier with it. Anyways I really dont speed much since I ditched my VW so even if I get hassled with the cops the only thing they could get me for is my tinted tail lights. AND thats just a fix-it ticket. :D

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals