• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coilovers with a 4in Superlift

RangerNVS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I figured I'd start my thread for this project. Now that I finally have some free time to get started on this. I've had all the parts for over a month now. All I've been able to do is look at them and say..."That sure would look better on my truck!"

Anyway, I started today and got the shock buckets prepped for the gussets to be welded up. I'll get that done tomorrow morning, and then I'm going to tackle getting the coil-over's installed. I'll update this thread and post pictures in this first post that way everyone can see progress. So tomorrow evening expect to see some more pics. I'm posting what I have right now:

Mmmmmmmmmmmm yes......yes!!!!

New Brake Lines

Lower Brackets

Upper Brackets

Gusset Prep

This is what $60 worth of Grade 8 looks like:

Garage FLEX hahahahaha

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
looks good, get them things on there!

btw how much did the coilovers run you?

RangerNVS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
hahahah well complete with eibach's they were 491$ shipped.

kcm1582

Ford Technician
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Looks good man. Very interested to see the final product. Did you buy or make the brackets?

RangerNVS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
UPDATE:

Well I ran into some problems getting the install done tonight. First off we had welder issue's. Finally got that fixed, and got the
gussets welded on. They turned out pretty good. I recall from Casey's install he found out that the upper control arm hits the coil
at full droop. Which I found to be true on my truck as well. I found out on my truck (Casey chime in on this) the bump stop bracket
(I think) for the lower control arm is in the way. The coil actually hits it, in almost all of the travel up and down. So I'm going to have
to grind mine off. Casey I swear I don't remember having that problem when we installed your coilover's on your truck. Not only that but
I had to add 2 washer's inbetween the spacer's and bracket for the shock to tight. Let me also tell you guys when you do this install and
you go to drill your 3/8 holes and your 1/2 holes, make sure you have good drill bits. I had Snap-on Cobalts for 3/8. But I only had a 3/8
air drill with me. So I had to use generic 1/2 drill. OMG what a pain in the azz. Get good bits. And either get a corded drill or an air drill. Do
not try and do this with a battery powered drill. It will take forever. ONTO the pics:

Bracket's all primered:

Pictures of the gussets:

Teardown:

Shock removed:

Upper bracket installed:

Lower bracket installed:

Installation completed EXCEPT brake lines, limit straps and some grinding:

Here's the MOTHER F!$*$R bracket that the coil hits. I looked at Casey's pics that
I have and he doesn't have this bracket on his truck. So maybe this is 98-00? model
year thing? I dunno but I Have to grind mine off, to get the clearence. Well of course
I ran out cut-off wheels, and grind wheels. It's 8:45 at night.....so no luck. Also my
superlift kit came with a bracket that bolts to this piece. I know there was a bolt in there
and it was secure when I installed the kit, but now it's not there, and it's all FUBAR.

Here's a pic of the upper control arm hitting the coil at full droop (without limit straps)

That's all I have for now guys, I'm tired and worn out. I plan on hitting it again tomorrow after
work. Gotta get some more washer's and some grind wheels/cutoff wheels. So I'll post up again
later.

Captain Fuzzy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thats sick bro....id love to do somethin like that, get rid of my torsion bars. are those brackets custom and wat size coilovers are you using

Last edited:

RangerNVS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
thanks....the coils are 2.0x6.5 Fox Emulsion with 750lb Eibachs. The brackets are custom made but you can now purchase them from ORW.

Scotty J.

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
awesome, and youre runnin the 4in drop spindles correct
That's what I'm wondering, he hasn't mentioned spindles at all. That's what worries me about a suspension lift with my 02' 4x4.

ive been lookin on ORW and i cant find em...any insite on where i would find em would be nice haha
I looked as well, I hope the OP will post a link so we can start our checklists LOL.

kcm1582

Ford Technician
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That looks pretty good. Like the other guys said I cant find the brackets on their site.

kcm1582

Ford Technician
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Saw that link earlier. But where do you place an order?

RangerNVS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
you have to send Nick Kelleher (user "OFF ROAD WAREHOUSE) and order them through PM...he'll send you an invoice via email. REALLY good guy. Has awesome prices and unbelievable CUSTOMER service.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals