• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cant get distributer back in!!!! Help

85rx7_93ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ok so i took my dizzy out and i have spend 2 freaking hours now trying to get it back in with teh rotor at #1................its going in tooo hard. it doesnt seem to line up and slide all the way in unless its pointed at #5 it seems to be 180 off which i dont want.. ive tried turnign the oil pup shaft 180 and still cant get it......are there any tricks???????? help please...advise?

85rx7_93ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
excuse my terrible typing my hands r full of grease lol..please

also i still cant find the spout connector...anyone ever find theirs inside the wire loom in teh harness? thats where i will be looking next....

Vanner1993

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1983, 1977
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
460, 351M
Transmission
Manual
you might have to do a quick click of the ignition to get it to drop in. The spout on mine is on the passenger side rear intake area.

85rx7_93ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i found the spout..thanks :)

now for the dizzy.... i tired timing it with the rotor pointing at 5 and it runs but i dont have enought movement of the dizzy to correct it... i have way too much advance its running at 1,500 rpms and pinging at higher rpms..

ive tried a few more times to pull it out and put it in with the rotor at #1 and it wont budge but if i point it at #5 it slides right in like nothing....any ideas?

Vanner1993

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1983, 1977
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
460, 351M
Transmission
Manual
Hmm, I'm guessing it is maxed out for turning? I'm thinking the oil pump shaft is'nt wanting to line up, but it's weird it is only sliding in on 5.

Vanner1993

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1983, 1977
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
460, 351M
Transmission
Manual
Will the gears slide on for #1? Just a little more to go?

85rx7_93ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well i tried and tried and then gave up, i set it at 5 and maxed out the dizzy which put it at 12* advance and left the spout unplugged....it actually runs much better at 12* and the spout disconnected than it did at 0 with it plugged in..more power and plugs dont foul. its not running hot either i have an very accurate aftermarket temp gauge and laser temp gun and shes running at perfect temps so im gonna call it a day right there

85rx7_93ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
what happened wa si was driving down teh road and the distributor hold down loosened up(from hardcore wheeling) to the point were the dizzy actually poped out when i was driving and retarded it a shit ton and started running on 5 cylinders lol.. when that happened im guessing i jumped a gear on teh cam and thats why it wont go back in right....but **** it runs great the way it is now :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals