• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

body lift kit help

cablesNOTwires

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have a 2003 ford ranger xlt fx4 extended cab with a 4.0 L. I have a 3 inch body lift for a 1993 regular cab mazda B-2600, both 4x4's. Someone told me that body lift kit might be able to fit on my ranger. Is that possible?

metman4ever

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
331 stroker
Transmission
Automatic
I am sure the blocks will work for the bed. probably the cab as well but i am not sure.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
Yes it will fit, as long u have it complete, since the extended cab has 2 more mounts than the reg cab.
The kits always have the 2 extra ones in case u use it on an ext cab.
the front bumper relocation brackets might be different tho, since in 98 the bumper mounts were changed.

cablesNOTwires

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks :) and is there anything else in the truck I would have to change or modify? Like shifters and such

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yes it will fit, as long u have it complete, since the extended cab has 2 more mounts than the reg cab.
The kits always have the 2 extra ones in case u use it on an ext cab.
the front bumper relocation brackets might be different tho, since in 98 the bumper mounts were changed.
wrongo rasher! lol, the extended cab short box uses 6 for the cab, and 6 for the bed, plus 4 crush boxes? little square looking deals for over the wheels...

if you are a manual you WILL need the shifter extension bracket, on the newer trucks you absolutely WILL need the steering extension, ground extensions, and radiator relocation brackets, other than that, it's mostly labour, bending things to make sure they are good, unhooking wiring, blah blah blah...

autos may need to extend transmission cooler lines, if you have an external cooler, on my buddy's 02 sport trac we DID have to extend the lines, not much, but about an inch or so each...

trying to remember what else i had on my kit that needed to be added in...

the long box ranger (as far as i know, only available in reg cab) uses 8-10 for the box, depending on the year, and 4-6 for the cab though i believe it's 8/6 for most years...

if your truck has been in any front end accidents at all, i would HIGHLY recommend buying a new set of front body mounts, don't open them, just have them incase... on my truck, both bolts were bent just enough that they broke and had to be drilled out of the mounts... had they been instock, i would have bought new ones at like $60 a piece... (not sure the actual price)

bumper brackets, the front look like enlongated u's on an angle...

the 98-00 model kit is identical to the 01-05? kit, with the small exception of the ebrake extension bracket, which i did not need for my truck, buy the 02 sport trac DID

i believe i was told that the pre 98 kits did not match our trucks though, when i was looking at it...

pa-883 is the one i bought, the 70033 is the "proper kit" for 01-06, though there is no changes between 01 and 11 that would cause issues... and from what i'm told, the only difference between the 883, and 70033 is the ebrake bracket, which isn't necessary for all trucks, and can be made out of as piece of angle iron if needed

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
A B2600 is in no way related to a Ranger.

The blocks might fit if the bolts are the right size, bumper brackets for sure won't and who knows about the difference in numbers of mounts between a full blooded Mazda truck and a Ranger.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
b2600? i missed that part... yeah, totally won't be a direct swap in, but might be able to use a piece here or there... sell it and get the 883 kit

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
Ohh snap i didnt saw the B2600 either...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals