• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

bipolar truck

2wdmuddin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
beefy 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
has anyone ever had a problem with the truck acting fine one day then the next it runs like its down 2 cylinders, doesnt want to hit passing gear, and makin you feel like your in a s-10? my 94 has been doin this ever since i got it and its finally drove me insane. if anyone has any insight or help i would greatly appreciate it.

Tractor Dan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just curious what all have you done to it maintenance wise? I'm guessing it either is a fuel,air,or spark problem. So i would say if you haven't done so start by checking your air filter,plugs,and plug wires. Mine is a 97 and when i got it, the thing was somehow running on 3 cylinders. :shok: Idiot i bought it from sold it because of that mainly. Went to do the plugs and found that it wasn't firing on all cylinders and plug wires were shot. Three wires pulled out of the boots. So we done plugs and wires then had to drop an ignition coil in. Ever since never had a problem. So i would say if you ain't done it check your plugs,wires,and air filter. Also may be a clogged fuel filter. If you replace your plugs if you ain't already i strongly advise Motorcraft. I tired a set of autolites and i wanna say bosch. My truck hated both. Got maybe a year out of them if that. My mechanic talked me in to the motorcrafts i believe double platniums and it's been i think 2 years and still going strong. Hope that helps you out. Just throwing out what i learned from mine and man have i learned some crazy stuff.

2wdmuddin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
beefy 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
ive done a tune up, but i used autolites. i think that was about a little over a year ago. ive done the fuel filter and i do oil change/ air filters regular. ive acutally owned the truck since 07. i never thought about a coil though. ive done the throttle cable mod, exhaust, and an underdrive pully and nothing has worked yet. but it all does help on power. what coil did you go with?

Tractor Dan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The coil i went with was whatever the autozone one was. I looked the part number up for my and it is C925. We went with just your standard coil because we had just bought the truck for $450 and wasn't sure how long the truck was gonna be around. Needless to say that was 2008. That being said i think if yours is a 94 it has a distributor instead of an electronic ignition coil.

2wdmuddin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
beefy 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
ive got an ignition coil, and i found an msd for it. i might try that nce i get some funds together and hope that fixes my issue.

jackman454

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sometimes the e-brake can get stuck. Check that.

jrpdash9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yes all the time but my brakes where like that. one day they would just lock up other days ur finding a field to run into

2wdmuddin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
beefy 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
ill check that when i get a chance. thanks for the help. also would putting the msd ignition coil do any good?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals