• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

B3200 PreRunner Build.

Shawn@BMS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I went out to my little spot today to give her another go at a different "jump" with the new rear set up and being strapped. It went well, but im understanding the value of properly valved shocks/travel. But all in all im happy with the progress and nothing broke. I had my buddy snap some pics with my camera..... Everyone loves good pics. It seems that im getting a vibration from the motor now and even getting scratches from the throttle cable mount on the inside of my hood. So i think some new motor mounts (but the motor mounts seem..... to be ok) are in need. Any suggestions would be nice.

I was told this was the best jump, but as you can see he only got half the truck.

Put'n my bump stops to work.

Everyone loves roots pics.

My suspension seems to be holding up good.

~Shawn

TheTopher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That looks really good, I love how the body panels turned out.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
just awesome!!! man i love how u build that truck and deff enjoy it jumping around!

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My favorite 2wd drive on this site

Lamarshnarf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I gotta do something like this to my 2wd

Shawn@BMS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Went up to Jacksonville Fl this weekend to hang out with a friend and i wanted to go to a spot where we use to ride dirt bikes when i lived there. Its like a mini Desert. About 40 acres of sand and dunes. I never had my truck going fast in the sand before but i got it up to about 65mph and i was pretty impressed how well it handled. Found a small jump too. The best part is there were a lot of red necks there and i came down the paved road and immediately shot into the sand and jumped a small dune. It was fun passing the mud trucks that were trying to go though the sand too.

A little side ways action....

~Shawn

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Wow Shawn I just skimmed through the last 8 pages the truck has really made a awesome transition in the last two years. Damn good fab skills I really need to learn to weld I so jelious. Nice work man look foward to seen some more pics. Do you plan on doing a bed cage later on down the road so you can use those rear shocks you got?

Shawn@BMS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
^Thanks^ Yeah its come a long way. I went and had sishi with the wife and took the truck with us. I parked right next to a stock B2300 (same color and cab). I was pretty crazy to see almost a before and after right next to each other. I planned on a bed cage but im going back an fourth. I race motorcross and supermoto and i use my bed a lot. Id be pretty upset if i made the cage (even a very slim/basic one) and was unable to haul my bikes and gear. I think im just going to run some 12" shocks under the bed. Plenty of travel and will work just fine. I guess it just wont look as cool as a bed cage.

I picked up some Race Trim seats today of Craigs List. Not bad for $200 and there new.

My plan is to add an ammo can in-between the seats (like a center console) and and have an upholstery shop make a matching pad for the top of the ammo can. Should be nice.

More soon....

~Shawn

Jsommers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i'm still waiting for the carbon fiber parts. i think they will make this truck even cooler than it already is.

Shawn@BMS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
i'm still waiting for the carbon fiber parts. i think they will make this truck even cooler than it already is.
Haha, iv been kicking around some ideas. I may do some Kevlar/Carbon parts. I just dont want it to look ricie. Iv got some good ideas that you wont be disappointed. It maybe a little while one the carbon parts as i have few other personal projects that im using a lot of carbon on. Once i get caught up on them ill start on the truck.

~Shawn

safira18

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
safira18
Make / Model
safira18
Transmission
Automatic
Are you planning on changing your gearing at all? I'm runnin 29s and everything feels decent, but 31s may put too much stress on the drivetrain
I think im going to be ok. iv seen quite a few people who have the same truck (or ranger) running 31s with no issues. Remember its going to be a work tuck.

Shawn@BMS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
?HUH? That post was forever ago....

~Shawn

Shawn@BMS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Got my seats in today. They turned out pretty nice. I was thinking this would be an easy job but i think these were the most difficult job iv done one my truck. Building seat frames from 100% scratch took a lot of time and adjusting and i think i over engineered the hell out of them. Getting the doors to not close on the seat and keeping them centered and not touching the rear glass was a pain. But there in. I was going to go with a 3 point but i remembered how much of a pain they were in my Skyline. If anything it made me use not wear a set belt. So i just kept my stock belts and ran them though the seats. There a lot more comfortable the my stock bench seat and of core they hold ya in place.

~Shawn

RavoHimself

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
so i thought you weren't going to beat on this truck:icon_rofl:

this thing looks pretty sick and looks like a blast to drive

Shawn@BMS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Thanks man^^^^ it cant help my self.....

So i have been thinking a lot about doing a mini bed cage or some simple shock hoops in the bed but i think im going to just run all the suspension under the bed. I loaded up my gear and bike to do some practicing but the bed filled up quickly. I normally keep the tire gate flipped but it works good the other way when i need to haul the bikes.

Glamor shot....

~Shawn

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals