• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

B2 removable side windows

WhiteBroncoII2WD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Call me crazy, but I've never really taken notice as to whether or not the rear seats were bucket seat in the Bronco IIs I've come across in the junk yards. Now of course, I’ll be looking.

Danger06Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986/2001
Make / Model
Ford/Mercury
Engine Size
4.0L/351M/2.5L
Transmission
Automatic
The idea is there but the glass is what would determine if it was a success or not. Ford did not have this figured out. The top curved part would have posed the most issues as clamping the window down would stress this area.
That may be true, but what about the glass T-tops in 1976-81 Firebirds and 1982-87 Grand Nationals?

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
That may be true, but what about the glass T-tops in 1976-81 Firebirds and 1982-87 Grand Nationals?
They are drilled and smoothed before tempering.

I experimented on one of the vent windows of the parts truck and I was nearly through with the carbide Burr. I had stopped to clean the tip and make sure it wasn't plugged. As soon as the tip touched the bottom of the hole I was making, POP, it was done.

You can get the diamond bits on Ebay for pretty cheap but I still don't trust it to last.

The only other way to do it would be to find a good adhiesive ment for bonding brackets to glass. Similar to the rear view mirror adhiesive.

Totalled

Law Enforcement
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
8 rabid gophers
Transmission
Automatic
Besides the fragility of the glass they probably didn't seal worth a shit... I imagine the probable wind noise and water leak warranty claims killed it faster than anything.

I have scans of a 1985 sales brochure I purchased that lists them as an option.

http://broncoii.org/pats/New Folder/

Last edited:

swamprat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
There is a blue BII in Lexington Kentucky with the pop out wondows. Hinges from the top. It is blue with a bad tint job. I have never seen it with the windows open but noticed the latches one day. Seen it couple of times on the north side of town.

engdept

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
There is a blue BII in Lexington Kentucky with the pop out wondows. Hinges from the top. It is blue with a bad tint job. I have never seen it with the windows open but noticed the latches one day. Seen it couple of times on the north side of town.
If you can find it again, see if the owner will sell it. I will drive down there and buy it.

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I just want to see a picture of this Unicorn. There has been so much talk about it and no one can confirm it's existance, better yet prove it.

WhiteBroncoII2WD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That would certainly be a great picture to have posted...you're going to have to stop the guy and say hello, no doubt about it.

doug95sc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
BII side windows

I was selling Ford trucks back in '84 and the removable windows were illustrated in the sales literature but the option was on a hold which turned into a never became available. Think the cart was slightly ahead of the horse there.

nightshift

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Lexan

You could probably do it with Lexan (aka polycarbonate). In 2002, I got a 5' x 8' x 1/4" bronze-tinted sheet from GE Plastics for about $280. Lexan is super-tough! You can cut it, drill it, & bend it easily, unlike acrylic sheet. The only trick would be making a jig to duplicate the curve at the top of the glass. It would be interesting to try.

dieselboy740

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
86 bronco2
Transmission
Automatic
this would be sweet if some could find them. I'm just going to make mine removable by pulling the bolts out of them. I'm way suprised that the side windows didn't blow when I rolled my bronco. When I built the exocage I made shure that I could still remove the windows.

The Jester Race

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 2009
Make / Model
Ford, BMW
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
When I built the exocage I made shure that I could still remove the windows.
You got any pics of your exocage? Im dieing to see one on a B2.

-Jester

WhiteBroncoII2WD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
You could probably do it with Lexan (aka polycarbonate). In 2002, I got a 5' x 8' x 1/4" bronze-tinted sheet from GE Plastics for about $280. Lexan is super-tough! You can cut it, drill it, & bend it easily, unlike acrylic sheet. The only trick would be making a jig to duplicate the curve at the top of the glass. It would be interesting to try.
so who's going to front the money here? :icon_confused:

Randy M.

Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
OK. I have seen one myself. Here is a way that we can end this once and for all.

Go to Car-Part.com

Choose 1984 Bronco II

(oh, explnd seach to entire us)

Look under Quarter Glass

Coose Movable left or right

There are several yards that have the windows. Anyone live near any of these yards???

Go get pic's.

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
OK. I have seen one myself. Here is a way that we can end this once and for all.

Go to Car-Part.com

Choose 1984 Bronco II

(oh, explnd seach to entire us)

Look under Quarter Glass

Coose Movable left or right

There are several yards that have the windows. Anyone live near any of these yards???

Go get pic's.
The closest one to me is in Detroit....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals