• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Atx's 94" xcab build

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Well got to take it out for it first running [emoji48]. Man I love my rowdy 5.0 flatbed . We'll be finishing up then bed now [emoji106]?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

prymetime1

Reaction score
Bad ass man. How's she drive? Looks good sitting how it does.

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Drives really awesome . Trans shifts good no vibrations at all [emoji106]? Pinion angle is good . And all it wants to do is spin'em in low gear . Need to get the tach working . Oil pressure is awesome . Coolant temp rides right around 190 with my scanner connected to obd2 .fan is wired to key on for right now . Need to get a temp fan controller . Also will be installing some mufflers tomorrow , coworker is getting them from his brotha shop tonight . The mufflers are ford oem and the size of a normal flowmaster , coworker said they came off of some ford with dual exhaust with tips already . Says the piping size is 2.5 . So should work good standing up . And 90 or so degree turns with the tips weld back on .

I just wanna go fast [emoji48]

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic
looking good!

Is your connection to the pavement in the back a little light?

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Why yes it is , very much so lol . Buts that's the fun in it . I love going sideways . Well was busy as hell at work today so I didn't take s lunch til the last hour of work , just so I could start the muffler mock up . So far it really tight but will work for now . I plan to redo everything by the ended of the year starting of next . By then hopefully I've got a fuel cell to relocate to the back installied .

prymetime1

Reaction score
What size exhaust pipe are u running? Is the tightness due to the thinker aluminum drive shaft? Looking good man.

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Driveshaft kinda . But mostly just the size of the mufflers . Their kinda fat . But free sounds good to me . we got it all tacked up and will finish the rest in the morning . Will have turndowns right before the axle . The piping is mostly the explorers stock exhaust piping up to the rear of the trans area then Goes to 2.5 to the mufflers and 2.5 out to dumps . The sound is real throaty for sure . I like it a lot . Just need to buy some gaskets for the flanges I reused from the expo and all should be quiet under the truck til the dumps . When I go to redo the exhaust I think I'm going to just cut out that carrier support beam and weld another in if need be but modified To fit the piping better along with a new muffler with built in h or x pipe .

prymetime1

Reaction score
I gotcha mang. From the pics I guess the Oval shape pushes them out alil bit more than norm. All looks good tho!

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Well got the exhaust totally finished and done son . I really love the sound it has now . Took it for a spin and its really tame at cruise and light tip in . Full throttle and it's awesome throaty 5.0 sounding .
Trying to get the tags in the next few days .

And all put together with used/free stuff [emoji106]?

prymetime1

Reaction score
Looking real clean man, lik they slice stacked style...nice job.

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Well finally got to drive it home tonight . It was awesome is all the can say . Doing 65mph behind a v8 is truly a different feeling the the stock 4.0 . Got the tack working but from what the computer says and the dash tach is off by a 100 or so at idle and as much as 500+ at cruise from what my scanner says . Passed state emissions with flying colors . Numbers resemble a new cars numbers . So motor is running good . W haunt tone is really nice at cruise,no drone . Tomorrow going to get the registration and I'll be good to go for a daily again [emoji108][emoji48][emoji482]

prymetime1

Reaction score
Man, nice work. Did u have to change registration for the motor swap?

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Nope . Here in Texas and pretty sure most states , if it 95 and older as long as it passes tail pipe emissions it doesn't matter . 96+ which is obd2 emissions testing as long as no check engine light and monitors are set it will pass . When they go to input the engine size . It gives you stock engine sizes or you can input engine size . This is for Texas for sure . I was a state inspector for 8 yrs pre & post state emissions for major city/county's . After 24 yrs it's considered classic which is safety only or get antique plates and never do a inspection again and renew tags every 5 yrs . Which is what I've done for my 87 Mazda rx7

Last edited:

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Well got my tags today . We had some bad rain/flooding around here in central Texas . The ranger really likes to slide low gear lol . Ordering tails this weekend and hopefully get some work done to the bed . I've found a few metal trailer fenders that I'm going to look at and size up for the bed to cover the tires some .
Need to figure out my coolant temp sensor , it the only gauge not working now . But pretty much after every drive I plug the scanner In To check temp and it's setting between 190-192 every time so that awesome . The Liberty Efan is keeping it cool [emoji106]? tonight I'm drinking .

Everyone have a save Devils night [emoji48] and Halloween[emoji482]

Last edited:

prymetime1

Reaction score
Hey palio! Hope all is safe and well with the flooding in your neck of the woods. Cool update and glad to see ur enjoying the truck back on the road. The hard work has paid off[emoji106] around here its mischiev night......I keep an eye out on my ish for the night. [emoji102]

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals