• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Alright, tell me what needs to be done for my 97 for the 4.0

Ranger4banger97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Just like the title says. I have the ranger explorer mountaineer chilton book, and ive been reading everything about the swaps. I have a 2.3l with 4r44e in it now, and want to put a 4.0/5r55e in. Are there certain years i should be pulling from for my truck? Im going to be doing this myself with my father, so i need all the help i can get. Im going to Harrys-u-pull-it when i go back to school this sunday (1/13/08) and i want a list of what i need to pull, thanks!!!

Jayford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
well im almost done with my 2.3l to 4.0 swap and mine has been somewhat of a pain because i went from two different generations. yours however should be alright, as long as you get the stuff from a 1995 or newer truck. make sure you get everything from the same truck as well, for the most part you will need the motor, transmission, wiring harness, and computer. the only thing i am not sure of is if the wiring harness in your engine bay (headlights, power distribution box stuff) is the same as a 4.0, i'll look tomorrow to see if they are but i doubt it. oh your also gonna need the motor mounts from the 4.0 also. its too bad you couldn't buy the whole truck and take it home. if i think of anything else i'll let you know or if you have any questions just let me know and hopefully i can help you.

Ranger4banger97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Alright yea sweet! this helps, i take all the help i can get. As far as buying the whole truck, i MIGHT be able to sweet talk the guy at the yard, just tell him im makin a new spot in his yard for somethin else ha

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals