• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

'99 Tahoe, '59 Viking 60

TRH

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'89
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Let's start with the 1999 Tahoa, has a 5.7 litre V8 in it. Of course.

From what I've got, when you go around a curve (keep it steered one way or another), the steering wheel will jerk. It'll go back without a fight, but it snaps towards center pretty hard. Tie rod ends, balljoints, sway bar links, etc., all look and feel OK, any particular ideas? Power steering isn't low, doesn't leak, all good and greased and seemingly operational..

It also has a squeeky alternator bearing. Going to try overhauling it. Any tips?

Now, the 1959 Viking 60. From what I know, it's a 2 ton truck with a straight-six in it -- any way to figure out what size motor and what not, and get some manuals on it, or any kind of information? I've been tasked with making it work well, and I'm really trying to do it right. Looks like the exhaust flange is loosed off, and the manifold has a snapped off bolt..gonna have start with those, but the carb needs tweaking and the accelerator linkage. Would like manuals for this, and anywhere to find further info on it.

Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals