• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

99 ranger 3.0L turbo install.

j_reagan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Suzuki
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
just playing the devils advocate. i though ive seen a couple out here but i may have been mistaken n saw a flex fuel. i know the water and alky systems are time tested performers i cant say i have ever heard of eather systems having a problem in real life except that they could last longer..

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
supposedly tom morana stroker kits make the engine capable of 20+ pounds so long as you take care of the heads of course

RollinWOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998/2015
Make / Model
Ford/Kia
Engine Size
3.0L Vulcan/GDI 2.0L
Transmission
Manual
I know that moranav6racing makes forged pistons(billet i believe) that i know to be very reliable. They also have roller rockers that allow for slightly larger valve clearance in 1.7:1 and 1.8:1 sizes, so that coupled with a high flow fuel pump and maybe a cam with a slightly higher lift would solve the issue of starving the engine of fuel when the boost hits. Keep in mind that a good set of high tensile head studs would help to contain that power. I knew a guy that had problems with putting almost 20psi in his engine with only a turbo and high strength gasket, but no high strength studs. He kept blowing the heads and completely destroyed an engine that had less than 40k on it. Hope this helps!

mastersmith

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
If it were me I wouldn't even mess with putting a turbo on a 3.0L. If you really want a turbo just swap in a 2.3T. but you mentioned this truck is used for off roading. You will hate having a turbo for off roading. It will have no balls in the usable rpm range, and it will make controlling tire spin a total nightmare. You'd be much better off with a blower or belt driven supercharger. For the time and money it will cost to turbo a 3.0L you could build a pretty nasty small block and still have a couple grand left over to pay for the extra gas. Plus it will be way nicer for wheeling. I'm not trying say it can't be done, this is just my opinion. But I do like to see people try new things and if you've got the time, money, and ambition to turbo a 3.0L it could turn out very cool and very unique.

cata123

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Do you have a write up with pictures on installing the turbo??? That would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals