• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

95 ranger SAS. giddy up

Snurfer

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
dood at the yard said i can find one on a truck its 40 bucks. if he has to get it from another yard its 75. i found about 20 2wd ones but no shop around here wants to shorten an aluminum shaft. custom one is about 325. retubing and lengthening my stock one to a one piece would be around 200. im for sure gonna check out the sport tracs tomorrow and see if i get lucky. andrew did your coils have any problem fitting into the lower perch? mine seem like they are about 1/8 in wider than the lower perch. they dont fit in there as nicely as id like them to.

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I'm using the stock coil plates for the Ford dana 44 setup, it falls right into place. Yours being designed for jeep coils may not fit a well.

Snurfer

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
im using the EB lower perches and retainers bolted to the top of the spring mount on the jeep axle. beginning to think they MIGHT have sent me a different coil again. we'll see after its in i guess. if it is ill go to some EB coils that are slightly softer...and that fit haha

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I'll take a look at mine tomorrow to confirm, but they aren't the most precision fitting pieces of 4wd equipment out there...lol.

Snurfer

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
haha yeah true. im pretty sure once the weight of the truck is on them they"ll slip into place.

Snurfer

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
went to the yard today they had in the very back of the yard a 2002 sport trac with the driveshaft sitting in the cab :) score. also got a new front grill for the ranger paint matched for a few buck. got out of there for about 60 bucks for everything since i "pulled" the driveshaft myself haha.

gonna go install the shaft and tear the front end out and get the new axle rolled under there!!

pics later tonight

thanks to sasquatch for the idea of the sport trac driveshaft. saved my ass about 300 bucks.

Snurfer

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
driveshaft is in. taking the carrier bearing mount out was a bitch. brought back real bad memories of taking out rivets from the first lift lol.

got the link mounts burned into the tranny crossmember and got it mounted in the truck for the last time. been working graveyard all week with school so its been kicking my ass trying to get time to work on the truck. ill be making the lower links this afternoon when i wake up. if all goes well ill get both lowers and the upper link done before work tonight. the plan is to get the coils in and the trackbar done monday and bleed the brakes monday when the banjo bolts come in. hopefully have her on the axle tuesday and measure for my front shocks.

pictures later today i promise.

i think im gonna remove my 4x4 blocks and make new 1 inch blocks with an offset center pin hole to push the rear axle back another inch or so.

Snurfer

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
well had a productive day after i got off work this morning :/ haha got my lower links built and under the truck. also got the EB coil springs in and got them to fit pretty well. im happy with today. time for some much need sleep after 30 hours of no sleep.

finishing the upper thrid link tomorrow. ordering shocks, and making my panhard bar. trying to get it rollin tomorrow night. i wante dto get it completed in a week...but i might miss it by one day.

PICTURES!!

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual

Snurfer

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
got the upper link made and tacked in. fits real nice. got the coils to fit real well in the buckets and made retainers for them. need to make the lower retainers tomorrow and build the panhard and bleed my brakes and she'll be on her feet!! ordered RS9000xls they should be here friday. pictures tomorrow

krazykracker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
im guessing you have to use a 4x4 sport trac driveshaft?

Snurfer

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
yeah yeah i used the sport trac driveshaft. the two piece shaft vibrated so bad. this damn weather is making it so difficult to get anything done though. its been raining the last 4 days and its not supposed to let up until May 30!! i might try to get it buttoned up this afternoon after i wake up tho.

Snurfer

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
all done :)) just need to do some alignment and shes on the road!! pictures later tonight once this damn monsoon of a rain storm slows down. i was blessed with almost a full day of sun though to get it finished.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
Pics now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn I wish I had the money to get mine done now, need to get my gears back from my bro-in-law now and change the pinion bearing myself (well a shop do it) so I can started.

More questions later after the pics are posted.

BowTech99

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999 and 1998
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Turbo 2.5L and 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, dont leave us hanging like that with no pics!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals