• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

95 Plymouth Grand Voyager Codes

Tractor Dan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My dads van has me slightly confused. I have the Haynes manual in front of me and usually i can figure out whats what but i'm still confused. Here are the van specs.

95 Grand Voyager LE
2wd
3.3L engine
Automatic Transmission

Here are the codes i'm getting by following the instructions and turning the key On/off,on/off,on. It causes the check engine light on the dash to flash so many times for the first code number and so many times for the second number with a pause in between. Anyways i'm getting these codes.

23- Throttle body temperature voltage to low or high (single point EFI system only) Thing is the 3.3L is Multi Point EFI. So that leads to the more probable usage of the 23 code.
23-Charge Temperature Voltage low or High (1990 3.3L)

25- Automatic Idle Speed motor circuit. (Shorted condition detected in one or more of the AIS control circuits.

33- Air conditioning clutch circuit. (Short or open condition detected in the AC clutch relay circuit)

So the 33 code i figure is fairly simple am i correct? Basically the relay itself or some where in the circuit for that relay there is a short or open? Dad has never had cold AC really since we got the van.

The 23 and 25 codes i'm at a loss and confused. I know for sure that since the 3.3L is a multi point EFI then no way the single point efi code could play in. However for the charge temperature voltage how do i troubleshoot it? The manual isn't too helpful atleast not right now. Not saying a week from now if i read it again something wont stick out at me.

The 25 code since that would effect the automatic idle speed that could potentially be tied to the 23 code am i correct?

So list of questions here to make it easier to answer.
1. So the 33 code i figure is fairly simple am i correct? Basically the relay itself or some where in the circuit for that relay there is a short or open?
2.However for the charge temperature voltage how do i troubleshoot it?
3. The 25 code since that would effect the automatic idle speed that could potentially be tied to the 23 code am i correct?

I haven't done much with the earlier computer systems so i don't quite know as much as i do about the OBD2 systems. Right now none of these codes are causing issues in the sense that the van runs fine and drives decent for a 95 with 180,000+ miles on it. We get around 20mpg in town and 25mpg highway. The only code that drives me nuts is when i get stuck driving the van and it's 90 out and no AC. My truck has non functioning AC but it gets better air flow and i can live with it.

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
If the a/c is low on gas the pressure switch opens and prevents the compressor clutch from engaging. That might be the reason for the 33, it will not set a cel but it will store the code in memory.

Tractor Dan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the info on the AC. I'm thinking it is low most likely. Either way i talked to dad and was basically told don't go making a mountain out of a mole hill. He is like "as long as i have heat come winter that's what matters." Still wish i could figure the other two codes out but with time i'm sure i will. I'm in no hurry on it right now, have more important car repairs on tap at the moment.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals