• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

85 b2 4x4

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
in the pics that shows the t-stat housing,i have not seen one like it on a b2...i thought the t-stats were down on the lower hose?
I put one on my 2.8 duraspark they work great you either need the manifold or like I did I plugged the nipple for the bypass hose on the intake manifold the housing has the1" bypass and with a 195 degree tstat the guage never goes past half

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
all you need is the temp and oil pressure and choke solenoid and yes you will use the harness for the swap. I pulled the harness out of the firewall and pulled it back to the alternator then you trace the wires for the temp alternator and oil pressure and strip the harness to keep them intact also the wires for the choke and whatever you want o keep connected I believe i only had to cut two or three wires to remove the harness leaving the rest hooked up. you will need to get rid of the mess anyway for the swap It is amazing how many wires and vacuum lines in there you are not using. All you need is the advance and possibly the air pump and vapor cannister to keep the fumes out from under the hood. Just strip the harness form the connector by the coil and ignition module back to the alternato and it will be clear whicgh wires to cut and what to save and use some of the loop shield to protect the wires you save.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry not clear you will need the harness from the TBI swap for the computer and sensors.

bonedoc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, durasparked, 350 holley, headers, 2 1/2 inch exhaust
Transmission
Automatic
WOW!! I must say that is some bird's nest under that hood. Kim is right about what you need. Fortunately you don't have the A4LD like I do so you don't have to worry abot any trans wires. I'll try and get pics from mine on. In one of your pics there is a long rectangular box mounted next to a silver square box on the driver's side fender, that is probaly your 'duraspark' box. Basically it is a resistor. I used a GM 4pin HEI module instead of a duraspark box. If you want I can do pics and tell you exactly what wires I cut. I'll list them by color. All my factory plastic vacuum lines are gone also. The only thing really left under that black cover on the passenger side is the starter solenoid. I haven't done the T-stat change that Kim tells of. He told me about it but I haven't gotten around to changing it...just happy mine runs right and isn't leaking at the moment!! lmao! Kim was a huge help when I did mine, Thank you very much Kim...

92xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
my t-stat is up top.in the pics i have the neck off and a t-stat was in that hole thats visable.that "box" next to the silver one is like ceramic with two wires connected to it and they run to the coil.and yes any pics anybody can show me on what wires to say bye bye too will be great.
yes kim looks like he is the bronco II god...very knowledgable on these wicked little things. and thank you all for your feed back.i'll will be having much more questions...be warned..lol.

bonedoc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey no problem about the questions. We are all here to help each other. Lord knows I've asked my share of questions, Kim helped me ALOT!! So did alot of other members. That is why we are all here!

bonedoc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey there, here is a few pictures of my Bronco II. I noticed in your pics that your EGR is still there. You can take that off if you want especially if you are doing away with the air tubes on the exhaust. It is easy to make a plate and gasket to block it off.

Attachments

92xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well i think i need a fuel pump...my clear filter keeps losing fuel...as in pump not keeping a good flow.plus my fuel is orange....looks like i will be dropping the tank..........

bonedoc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry the pics are not the best, taken with a cell phone

92xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yes the egr leaves this weekend...i am a pretty good fabricator so i'll make something neat.
that is a sweet II,looks like i can lose alot of wire.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
The bolts for the fuel pump were real difficult to get to but I left the power steering pump on. check the line coming from the tank to the pump could be a crack pulling air into the pump.

92xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ok will do.but i plan on just leaving the pump there and installing a elctric fuel pump.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
cool I just pulled the whole plate on the passenger side wheel well holding the solenoids and all but a few wires went away. I did and am still playing with the vacuum stuff my air pump and vapor systems are still working and just went from ported to manifold vacuum for the advance I just had to drop the idle a bit but still works good either way but I think the mileage is a little better on manifold vacuum.

bonedoc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
let me know, I can make a list of which color wires I cut.

92xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i need to check and see where my advance vaccuum is( i might have mechanically being its a mallory unilite dizzy)...manifold or ported...i have alot of little things to figure out on this thing.would have worked on it some more today but the wifes General Moron pos broke...had to put a rad by-pass hose on then bleed the system major pita!!!! i hate GM products.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals