• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

3inch body lift bumper bracket diagram

henryj10

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 140cid
Transmission
Manual
anybody got a 3inch body lift bumper bracket handy, i've heard someone on one of the ranger sites has a diagram of one for build up. i don't wanna buy a kit because you spend 300 for a kit with SAE bolts you have to drill out metric and sub with nuts, I'd rather piece with the existing.

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Since when have bodylifts been 300 and since when did they not come with the proper metic M12x1.75 bolts????!?!?!??????

Check out Summit Racing brand bodylifts... they're made by PA and the PA kit for my truck runs about $200-250 and the Summit branded kit for my truck is $150-175. Typically, your kits are alot cheaper for some odd reason. Probably because there's no rear bumper relocation brackets.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Yes, I have the PA bl and it came with everthing needed. It has the bumber relocation parts and the rear and front bumber sit in stock position. The rear is bumber is more solidly mounted then the front I noticed since I mounted my KC lights back on the front bumber and they shake a bit when you hit a bump and when I tap on the front bumper with the palm of my hand you can see the front bumper wiggle a bit. The back is very solid. You can smack it hard with your fist and it won't wiggle a bit.

Buy the PA bl and yo will love it!!!

Explorin94

Law Enforcement
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have a set of brackets off my 92 that I just junked. I'll get some pics and post them.

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
OP: sorry, I don't have any diagrams or anything for your application.

straycat... 97 and older don't have rear bumper reloation brackets because that rear part of the frame simply don't have the room at all for them like we do. To fix your front bumper wiggle, my buddy made me some out of 1/4" carbon steel and the thing DOES NOT SHAKE anymore. Many people bought them from him when he made a ton of sets at school on the CNC. Folks even have 4 KC's and a prerunner bar and ti don't shake and WILL NOT bend like the pile of shiz PA front brackets. They're made out of better material AND thicker materal. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in them.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
OP: sorry, I don't have any diagrams or anything for your application.

straycat... 97 and older don't have rear bumper reloation brackets because that rear part of the frame simply don't have the room at all for them like we do. To fix your front bumper wiggle, my buddy made me some out of 1/4" carbon steel and the thing DOES NOT SHAKE anymore. Many people bought them from him when he made a ton of sets at school on the CNC. Folks even have 4 KC's and a prerunner bar and ti don't shake and WILL NOT bend like the pile of shiz PA front brackets. They're made out of better material AND thicker materal. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in them.
Thanks for correcting me on this, Bro. I had an 83 4x4 that after the lift I added at my 4x4 and the shop that did the bl must have made me brackets because my rear bumper was raised.....hmmmmmm on my 89 BII I had the bl as well and it came with the bumber relocation brackets since a friend helped me to that one. I don't remember if it was a PA bl or not anymore.

07rangerfx4lv2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
i got priced $470.00 for a PA body lift up here...NOT including install

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for correcting me on this, Bro. I had an 83 4x4 that after the lift I added at my 4x4 and the shop that did the bl must have made me brackets because my rear bumper was raised.....hmmmmmm on my 89 BII I had the bl as well and it came with the bumber relocation brackets since a friend helped me to that one. I don't remember if it was a PA bl or not anymore.
The PA kit had no brackets for either bumper.

The front bothered me the most, so I made brakets and tweeked the bumper to look right. I haven't really figured out exactly what to do with the rear (my priorities are in the engine bay of the truck) but I did recently procure a hunk of aluminum diamond tread to tide me over until I get down to "make rear bumper look right" on my to do list.

2nd gen seems to usually come with front brackets, and I think 3rd and newer come with both.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Here is a photo of my 89 in the garage at our first home. It has a 3 inch bl on it and you can see the front bumper has been relocated.
This bl kit came with front and rear bumper brackets to relocate the bumpers. I am running 32 by 10.5 tires. I bought the BII new in 89 and sold it 5 years ago. It was a great reliable Bronco!!! I put 12,000 trouble free miles on it. The girl who bought it from used it for 4 years of collage. I sold it for $4000. It was in near mint shape!!

Here is a photo of my 89 BII in the driveway with my 74 Super Beetle trying to figure out how I wanted to add some pin striping to it.
I never took a bunch of photos of my BII so I can’t show off the back bumper, but it came out really great. What a fun time we had
Adding that bl. That was the first and last one I ever did….lol

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
For the money you can buy the kit for from a very reputable company on the 'net, buying it anywhere else for over twice the money seems like a bad idea. It does include both sets of bumper brackets. Figuring labor let alone material you can't make (or have made) even the brackets.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRA-853/

For first gens, no brackets for either end are available in a PA kit:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRA-743/

Just looking at it I don't think the rear would be hard to modify the rear on a first gen, the front requires a fair amount of fab work... but totally worth it.

PA kit for either a '89 BII or '89 Ranger does not include either set of brackets either, maybe the discontinued them or something over the years.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRA-70003/

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRA-PA-833/

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals