• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

351 C.....yeah i know

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
would you care to explain how turning a thread about putting a 351c into a ranger into one about the 351c itself isnt thread hijacking???

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
would you care to explain how turning a thread about putting a 351c into a ranger into one about the 351c itself isnt thread hijacking???
Who cares? Only you apparently.:icon_rofl:
Loosen up dude. :buttkick::stirthepot: We're all here havin fun.:yahoo:

MichiganSpecialRPS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1992 & 1988
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302cid/5.0L & 2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I know someone is prolly gonna rag on me or call me an idiot, so let me first say, if your gonna do that, dont bother posting.

NOW to the real question. Has anyone ever successfully put a 351C into a first gen ranger? We have an 88 2wd regular cab that doesnt get driven much, and we have 2 complete 351C engines just sitting out in the garage begging to be put in something. And we are running out of space. Anywho, can it be done? Yes i know they are dimensionally different from the windsor engines, but can anybody tell me in what ways? The ranger doesnt get driven very often, so i figure when it does, why not make it fun? ALSO is there and easy way to adapt the rangers hydraulic clutch to work with the mechanical linkage that we have with a 3 speed tranny? Help would be appreciated.
351C GO FOR IT! Yes it has/can be done. Check over at RPS, ther are a few guys who have done it. There are also a couple guys doing 460 and 4.6 mod-motor swaps.

Did you not start this thread asking about 351C's in a Ranger? So, where in this thread does anyone really go off topic from that? They are all explaining tech on a 351C...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Who cares? Only you apparently.:icon_rofl:
Loosen up dude. :buttkick::stirthepot: We're all here havin fun.:yahoo:
i was only having fun too....but then you saw fit to B.S. me, so i decided to not be so much fun anymore. Sorry, im a bit like an aluminum nut, threaded on a steel bolt after 20 years of northern winters, youll have to break me before you get me to loosen up.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals