• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

302 to 351

scotiascrapiron

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 soon to be 393
Transmission
Automatic
I did a 302 into a bronco II swap and liked it so much i'm going 351.with the 302 i used regular exhaust manifolds and ground them out some and didn't have any problems with steering clearance. with the 351 i'm planning to run inverted headers thru the hood. can I look to be as lucky with that as i was with the manifolds or do you think theres going to be trouble,and if there is, does anybody have some fixes they'll share?

v-8power

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
You going to run your headers like the pulling trucks. That would be cool.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Kind of sounds like the first little truck I had. I bought it, '72' Courrier with a 289 already in it. What they had done is swap the stock van exhaust manifolds from side to side so they exited out the front and then ducked down the front panel. Took a little grinding to get the port passages to match but it worked. Found out later that that was an old hot rodders trick. My '37' LaSalle ran the stock exhaust the same way.
Dave

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals