• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2wd ranger body

BIGBLOCK44RANGER

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
this is some pics of the front susp, bumper mods and the doubler w/dual x-members.:icon_welder:

this is a pic of the truck ready for a test run. (i'm ready too!):icon_welder:

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
man thats sweet!

zachis4wheeling

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
drof
Transmission
Automatic
This has inspired me to keep working on my junk so I can wheel it sooner, rather than later. I have a couple questions....

-Where did you get the coils for the front and what are they off of?

-On the rear, what leaf springs did you use?

-What do you have for a motor in it now?

Truck looks slick though. Not overly tall but not so low that you'll be draggin belly on shit. I like it.

Last edited:

BIGBLOCK44RANGER

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
well the chassis is from my 77f150. When i first put the rocks under it i bought some deaver 4" super flex springs but ended up using these red ones which are 8" skyjackers. The deavers looked badazz but were too short, i didn't have but about 1.5in of uptravel. I could have bought the deaver 6" but hell i already paid 175 for one set and couldn use em. I'll sell em cheap! LOL. when i put the ranger body on i put in the 557ci BBF. thats when i broke my front and decided on the rockwell swap. the rear springs are the stock 150s. I just moved the front hagers down the frame and flipped the shackles with a 4" block. I'll probobly get those other deaver springs down the road. I also sill have stuff i want to do, like a cage or exocage and maybe 4 link the rear. I'll post some flex and action shots soon. THanks for lookin!:icon_welder:

zachis4wheeling

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
drof
Transmission
Automatic
well the chassis is from my 77f150. When i first put the rocks under it i bought some deaver 4" super flex springs but ended up using these red ones which are 8" skyjackers. The deavers looked badazz but were too short, i didn't have but about 1.5in of uptravel. I could have bought the deaver 6" but hell i already paid 175 for one set and couldn use em. I'll sell em cheap! LOL. when i put the ranger body on i put in the 557ci BBF. thats when i broke my front and decided on the rockwell swap. the rear springs are the stock 150s. I just moved the front hagers down the frame and flipped the shackles with a 4" block. I'll probobly get those other deaver springs down the road. I also sill have stuff i want to do, like a cage or exocage and maybe 4 link the rear. I'll post some flex and action shots soon. THanks for lookin!:icon_welder:
Couple more questions....

-So used the 8" skyjacker lifted coils for like a 70s F150 or bronco?

-Do you have brakes on the front axle? I saw the ones on the back, and they looked great, but didn't notice any on the front..lol -

What did you do for the rear disc conversion? Buy a kit online or did you use 14Bolt parts or something?

-And are your hubs flipped in or out?

Either way, truck looks great. I'd go for a rollbar/cage, but I wouldn't go with an exo cage. I'd try to keep the body looking good without it. That's just me though....and holy fawk....a 557...seriously? lol. Wow!

On another note, you have any opinion or knowledge on how well a 351 windsor thats bored and stroked to 427 with the 86-93 mustang style fuel injection system would do in a truck like a Ranger for off road? I realy like that style of fuel injection due to the awesome availability of parts vs. the Ford truck EFI. And if I could make it work on a 351, that would be great.

Last edited:

BIGBLOCK44RANGER

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
the rear brakes are made of 10bolt chevy fronts, i used the backing plates the rotors and the calipers. all u have to do is cut the rotor center hole bigger and drill to holes and weld on the back plates. i cost me 0 dollas/freebie. The hubs are flipped out and the front brakes are made from mazda rotor and toyota 4piston caliper. it's mounted on the same sided as the driveshaft. I'm workin in a wheel disc setup for the front but put the pinion brake on for now. and yes that 557 is no joke it'll chunk parts fast. The front i broke was a 60 w/brand new 5.38 gears and open carrier. the first trip out i got stuck in a mud hole. so i locked in the front and tried revers, thats when bang! the front chunk spit clean out of the cover, and cracked the housing on the way out. so i said the hell with it and bought the rocks. To answer you question about the stroker, yes it would work really good, but only as good as the parts behind it. I'll be doin a f.i. swap on this engine soon.:headbang:

zachis4wheeling

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
drof
Transmission
Automatic
Sweet mother of pearl that sounds like a hell of a fun motor! Haha....

See, I'm kind of planning on going the opposite way; big huge axles, then big huge tahrs, then double my tcases and run the v6 for a while as a trail truck till I can afford the shit for da bigblock build. Then do something crazy like yours.

Truck is friggin sick tho. I like that a lot.

BIGBLOCK44RANGER

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
actually the 557 is built reletively mild. it has a 484-512 lift cam, eldelbrock performer(soon to be a wieand stealth), 750 carb and about 9.5cr with bone stock heads and exh manifolds. I built it to drive anywhere, but it turned out to be a off idle torque monster. I'd hate to see if it was a hi-po 557 with good heads, intake and cam. I guess i sorta have the best of both worlds "drivability(not a lot of cam lope)" and plenty enough power to tear up some sh%*!:icon_bounceblue:

zachis4wheeling

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
drof
Transmission
Automatic
Damn.....484-512 lift ain't bad at all for streetability.

So I take it you have the stock outer drive flange style hubs on it and didn't spend the cool $1200 from ouverson for the selectable hub conversion? Lol......

that fawker makes some real nice shit, but it's waaaaaay overpriced in my opinion. That's just me tho.

With the front pinion brake yur runnin, you must have the spiders welded or a locker in the diff or something, along with having the stock outer drive flange style hubs, cuz', (and correct me if I'm wrong on this), but wouldn't that pinion brake be useless with unlocked lockouts and/or an open diff.?

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
With the front pinion brake yur runnin, you must have the spiders welded or a locker in the diff or something, along with having the stock outer drive flange style hubs, cuz', (and correct me if I'm wrong on this), but wouldn't that pinion brake be useless with unlocked lockouts and/or an open diff.?
You are right.

sic91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
i want to see some more pics of the sides

BIGBLOCK44RANGER

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
thats why its got drive flanges, ---so i can stop! ha. I'm workin on a front disc setup that in the end, will cost about 360-then i can put on my lockouts. People told me the pinion brake with power brakes is a neck breaker. but it don't seem to bad just have to be easy on the brakes. and yeah the front and rear is fully welded. (i know it won't turn worth sh#%, i'll just have to use the skinny pedal in 2wd to make er turn. i'm also gunna redo my 205 shifter for twin stick. i would have done it when it was out for the doubler but i'm tryin to get ready for a local easter ride.

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
ive never seen or heard of this truck....until it was nominated.

makes me wish i had the initiative to build something

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals