• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2000 Ford Ranger RCSB subwoofer questions

skyhighsami

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I have a 2000 Ford Ranger regular cab short bed. I bought and am just waiting to install some NVX coaxial in the doors and back cab wall. I have a Massive Audio NX5 5 channel that is 120x4 and 800x1 along with 2 Image Dynamic IDQ v3 12 with dual 4 ohm voice coils. The truck has a manual transmission but I was thinking instead of getting an Explorer console when I go and get the 8.8 from the Explorer and the buckets. I know we can build the sub box console I was just curious each sub needs .9 sealed or 1.5 ported. Has anyone done this, about how much air space did you have, and how did it sound? The Image Dynamic subs I ran with this amp and Polk MM 651 and MM 6501 in my Trailblazer SS. Even though the box was GARBAGE they still sounded really good.

gaz

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
87Ranger Endrigo 2.9l, 87BII Endrigo 4.0l
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Ranger 5" (2" suspension), BII 4" suspension
Total Drop
Ranger 5sp, BII A4LD
Tire Size
Ranger 33"/4:10LS, BII 29"/3:73LS
My credo
Deengineer until it is how Blue Oval should have sold it!!
@skyhighsami
If you are only going to use a single 12", then a 0.9 cuft box should fit where the console was. If you decided to go behind the seats, a wedge shaped 1.5 cuft box will fit but I expect that a 12" may be too deep for that location.

My behind the seat box is ported and 1.7 cuft. It remains arguably the best sounding box I've ever built. I like the idea of an enclosure/console between buckets, it will probably be an odd shaped enclosure to fit there, I can't imagine using two 12" in either location

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals