• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 347/c4 build -project- rebel rouser

prymetime1

Reaction score
Bro you are awesome, love that heater box and the gauges. Wished we lived closer so we could help each other and cruise the streets like Street Outlaws Ok. not New Orleans.
Hey brotha Thanks!! I'm enjoying this build since it's my first & having fun getting creative. Rolling the streets would be dope as hell and wrenching is always fun, maybe one day? I can't wait to get it back for some cruising and hopefully racing. Did u get to run ya truck again?

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey brotha Thanks!! I'm enjoying this build since it's my first & having fun getting creative. Rolling the streets would be dope as hell and wrenching is always fun, maybe one day? I can't wait to get it back for some cruising and hopefully racing. Did u get to run ya truck again?
Not yet, last Saturday points race was cancelled because of weather. So now I have until April 16-17th for a double points weekend to get my truck ready.

Moose_

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
^^^thanks broskie. Hoping to get things moving here again with good weather on its way.

Today I got over my rents n got it out. Ran well but eventually threw another alternator belt. Not sure the issue is but I am going to swap the pully to the stock one and see if that makes any difference. I had my tools on with me and some extra belts so a few turns of the wrench n was back on my way. I did use a $22 Napa belt vs the $6 AZ belts I've been using. Hoping it fixes it but we'll see.
I got to the junk yard and picked up my goodies minus the gauge cluster.

The drive shaft is much much lighter than my two pc, here's to oem ford upgrades :)
spindles look like hell but should clean up decent. I'll get the slotted n drilled rotors in up coming weeks. The calipers may or may not be seized so well see on that too.
I'll also be ordering new busings, ball joints, shocks and lowering kit.
Will also be looking for braided brake lines, any one have suggestion on those?
As for out back, I'll still be doing the explorer rear only probably swapping gears down my stock 3.08s or a new set of 3.33s. I'm looking to drop my highway cruise rpms a few and get some more top end speed. The 275 60 17 nittos are supposed to be 28 inches tall vs the 245 45 17s being only 26ish. That should help bring it close to where it was with the stock 235 75s.....hopefully. still researching tires since I'd like to change them out.
Pretty much it.
Quick question on the driveshaft- how long is that?

Still trying to find a donor for an aluminum shaft on my build. Found someone to cut and weld an aluminum shaft, just need to figure out a donor that is at least as long. Seen a bunch of aluminum shafts in the JY, but so many are bent, and last time I as there, I was only looking for steel shafts.

prymetime1

Reaction score
Quick question on the driveshaft- how long is that?

Still trying to find a donor for an aluminum shaft on my build. Found someone to cut and weld an aluminum shaft, just need to figure out a donor that is at least as long. Seen a bunch of aluminum shafts in the JY, but so many are bent, and last time I as there, I was only looking for steel shafts.
Hey bud, I am not sure on the length, I'll grab a measurement for ya after work today or tomorrow.

Moose_

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hey bud, I am not sure on the length, I'll grab a measurement for ya after work today or tomorrow.
Thanks! Did you get it from a supercab w/ a 5speed?

prymetime1

Reaction score
Thanks! Did you get it from a supercab w/ a 5speed?
Yes sir. I posted an article I referenced that laid it all out. I'm yet to test fit it and it needs new u joints before going in. Maybe next weekend.

prymetime1

Reaction score
No real update cept that they finally moved my truck....3 weeks at shop tomorrow and nothing. Guess when a shop has to warranty their work they drag their feet, patients are thin.....hoping for an update tomorrow but not holding my breath....it's a good thing weathers been shitty n I've been busy with work.
I did order new trans cooler lines along with getting some 2.5 inch pipe to bring my exhaust further back. Really can't wait to get back working in it.

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
No real update cept that they finally moved my truck....3 weeks at shop tomorrow and nothing. Guess when a shop has to warranty their work they drag their feet, patients are thin.....hoping for an update tomorrow but not holding my breath....it's a good thing weathers been shitty n I've been busy with work.
I did order new trans cooler lines along with getting some 2.5 inch pipe to bring my exhaust further back. Really can't wait to get back working in it.
Yea, warranty work everybody shatters and disappear like cockroaches when you turn the light on lol. Nobody likes warranties because it they have to do it for free.:annoyed: Hopefully they will do it quickly

prymetime1

Reaction score
I got a call from my dad today, he stopped by the trans shop n talked to them about the my truck. Dude said it should be done Thursday. Went on to tell me pops that 1st gear clutch were shot. Said that not having a kick down cable set up may not be letting enough oil thru for proper pressure n what not. I've never heard of this before and read that not having a kick down would not effect the operating of the trans.

Anyone have anything for me with this?

Well see how it goes since I can't actually pick it up till Saturday.

gsp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I got a call from my dad today, he stopped by the trans shop n talked to them about the my truck. Dude said it should be done Thursday. Went on to tell me pops that 1st gear clutch were shot. Said that not having a kick down cable set up may not be letting enough oil thru for proper pressure n what not. I've never heard of this before and read that not having a kick down would not effect the operating of the trans.

Anyone have anything for me with this?

Well see how it goes since I can't actually pick it up till Saturday.
This is a MUST have for your C4, that shop should know this!!! "kick down cable" idiots...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tci-521000?seid=srese1&gclid=Cj0KEQjw3Le4BRDxx5bk4aDn9t4BEiQAfmxQGZUtnq-bwk_ir1kVLiTbEhlHjzF6H3ILfWa1oMBgBowaAnfv8P8HAQ

Last edited:

prymetime1

Reaction score
Hey gsp, can u expand on this alil more? Like why this over a regular valve body? I don't know much about trans n valve bodies to differentiate the whys or whats. I was trying to keep it simple with my setup but if I need one or the other to make it work and last...I'll do what is needed. Thanks for the direction bud.

gsp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Hey gsp, can u expand on this alil more? Like why this over a regular valve body? I don't know much about trans n valve bodies to differentiate the whys or whats. I was trying to keep it simple with my setup but if I need one or the other to make it work and last...I'll do what is needed. Thanks for the direction bud.
Its the only way to go or a trans go shift kit at the least

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_2O9vbp0tc

www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6Mlrw5U30E&nohtml5=False

www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4kM67f_P3A

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqtMLQK3U9s&nohtml5=False

Get maximum performance and quicker ETs with these TCI full manual valve bodies. They're engineered to allow full manual control of the valve body, for quicker shift timing and higher line pressures. You get less clutch slippage under high load, so that more power gets to the ground. They're a great choice for bracket cars, monster trucks, and virtually any off-road competition vehicle where a transbrake is either illegal or undesirable.

Last edited:

gsp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
If it fails again, do not go back to that shop as they have no clue what they are doing, this is a forward shift valve body and will work great

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tci-522100/overview/

TCI's StreetFighter valve bodies give you better control over your transmission, while improving your car's overall performance. They'll give you the option of either full manual or full automatic control, meaning you can put it in drive and allow the transmission to shift automatically, or shift it yourself manually at any rpm you desire. Great for street and racing use, they come ready for installation and are the same valve bodies installed by TCI in their famous StreetFighter series transmissions.

Last edited:

prymetime1

Reaction score
If it fails again, do not go back to that shop as they have no clue what they are doing, this is a forward shift valve body and will work great

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tci-522100/overview/

TCI's StreetFighter valve bodies give you better control over your transmission, while improving your car's overall performance. They'll give you the option of either full manual or full automatic control, meaning you can put it in drive and allow the transmission to shift automatically, or shift it yourself manually at any rpm you desire. Great for street and racing use, they come ready for installation and are the same valve bodies installed by TCI in their famous StreetFighter series transmissions.
Thanks brotha, appreciate the links and vids, watched em. Learned alil....I am hoping this dude got it right this time cuz it's almost 4 weeks at the shop and I'm about lost my patients waiting for the call to come get it.
From what I've read on issues related to the fwd gears failure is all from internal malfunction.

Well see but wish me luck....hoping to be able to get it Saturday, if it's even done [emoji34]

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Good luck bro, Hope they get it right. 4 weeks in shop is insane crazy time. I would be steaming mad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals