• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1989 FX4 BII, resto-mod project

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
put on the light bar that was on my 79 and on my old b2, and took off the grill cover, will prob leave it off.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
put on the light bar that was on my 79 and on my old b2, and took off the grill cover, will prob leave it off.

looks really nice with that light bar man!
and yeah leave the grille without cover LOL

94xlt4.0

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
the b2 looks good, it is hard to find a decent b2 anymore. even mine has some rust behind the passenger front fender and its a california car since it was sold. seems like the pile of parts in the back is common on them too, except mine was the engine parts, lol. keep up the good work

kroussinoffroad

October 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
HAhaha when we picked up the dirty white boy project the backend was full too, full of firewood.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
So ill soon be taking the d35 out of the ranger and putting a d28 back in her so ill have a d35 to put in the b2 when i install the susp lift. might starting swaping diffs in the ranger tomorrow.

I wonder will I be the first person to swap a D35 for a D28 in a ranger? haha.

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
looks like shit cut that thing up.......

i probably would:thefinger:

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
lol yeah i know you would

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
**** it, never swapped axles with the ranger today. im just gonna build the D35 diff i have here from an explorer. im gonna start saving up and get some 4.56s for the rear, then some for the front. and the d35 im using needs rad arms, one side is cut up so i figure its a perfect excuse to make some extended arms. how much longer over stock should i go? 10"?

i dont really wanna get into making trans crossmembers if i can help it, but what has to be done, has to be done.

today i noticed there was a rough spot on the edge of the hood that i only noticed because the trouble light was lodged down right next to it. so i figured it might be more visible when its painted so i whipped out some bondo that i bought for the 79.

its basicly just fiberglass. its kind of a bitch to work with too.

its green in the can, when you mix it with the cream hardener it turns red and looks like this after you **** around trying to get it all applied properly.

then after it drys it looks more like this

i never got around to sanding it yet

also have a problem with the tcase not engaging, dont matter if its in 2hi, 4hi, neutral, or 4lo, its always in 2hi. i think the linkage could be ****ed up, not even the 4x4 dash lights come on.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
its the first time i ever done my own body work. i helped my brother on his ranger a couple times tho but nothing real serious. i loved doing it

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
My dad makes fun of me bc I enjoy it.. I guess bc it's a hobby for me yet a job for him

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
soon to come;

6000k HIDs. my brother got them for his truck and they are amazing. so he is getting me a deal on a set too.

kroussinoffroad

October 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
just be patient on the body work and take your time (something i hate doing). flat board it out till it is perfect or it will show. if necissary reapply and resand.use a flat board and long sand paper to help keep everything at the same level

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
Looks good, Jeff! Just a little FYI... find some polyester filler and some finishing glaze. That short strand, while awesome to fill relatively deep imperfections, will leave pin holes and it is a real pain to sand, especially if left untouched for a few hours. For minor imperfections like what you had there, regular polyester filler is perfect, then go over with finishing glaze, just a skim coat to fill any little pinholes or relatively un-noticeable scratches, but that stuff will show up in paint. Trust me!

*edit* Just saw it's long strand. Wowee! Get some regular polyester filler, you'll be much more satisfied with the results. :icon_thumby:

Last edited:

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
well this is the only stuff i had at the time. as soon as it started to try i knew i would be taking it off again. like you said its a bit too industrial, just a bid of bondo filler would of been good. there wasnt any holes just a couple rough spots that were barely noticeable. oh well ill just sand it off and get the good stuff soon!

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
gotta replace my tcase shifter linkage tomorrow too

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals