• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1989 FX4 BII, resto-mod project

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
lol you got that right no headlights just the blinders up on the roof.

i think im painting her like this

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Thanks man, that's mhughes truck.

Bit of an update, I poured in some power steering fluid tonight and it still leaks from the hose but not as bad as it was before since I put on the hose clamp. Tomorrow I'll try a longer hose to go over the steel line farther and add more clamps, this seems to be pretty common with the rbv's I've had. Should have it fixed tomorrow, then the front brake line and then all the neccessetys are done and its on to the mods, i have a brush guard made for a 2nd gen I might weld up some mounts for tomorrow and put that on with 2 lights on it

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
lol the back of yours looks like mine when i first got it. slap full of all kinda parts:icon_rofl:

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Lol yeah talk about junk in the trunk

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Also realized the rear leafs are sagged so they are bent the opposite way they're supposed to be. I'm trying to decide if I should put in a set of 2" blocks along with the leaf pack I have from a ranger, but I think once I put in the new leafs the rear will raise up a nice bit since the old ones are so bad. Guess I'll just put the leafs in place and lodge her down on them to see if they ate high enough, I don't want the rear to sit up much higher than the front, or any for that matter, but the rear is a bit lower now due to the leafs. But then again I. I might put I the new leafs with the 2"blocks and level the front 2" while I'm at it, just the alignment part sucks since she's not on the road yet and I'm not trailering it to town to get it aligned, f that

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
do you guys have a plate transfer rule there? When I was fixing up my 93 I was able to drive it around using the 98's plate for 1 week. Gave me the time to get the windshield in and front end work sorted out.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
got a deal lined up with krousinoffroad for a 6" BDS lift.. should be getting it soon!

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
got a deal lined up with krousinoffroad for a 6" BDS lift.. should be getting it soon!
uh oh... lil b2 is gonna grow up.

krousinoffroad seems like a great guy, i've talked to him a good bit on here.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
yes sir! i might have to take the 33x12.50 m/ts off my 79 for now,, id really like 33x10.50s but new tires are lots of money lol

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
Also realized the rear leafs are sagged so they are bent the opposite way they're supposed to be. I'm trying to decide if I should put in a set of 2" blocks along with the leaf pack I have from a ranger, but I think once I put in the new leafs the rear will raise up a nice bit since the old ones are so bad. Guess I'll just put the leafs in place and lodge her down on them to see if they ate high enough, I don't want the rear to sit up much higher than the front, or any for that matter, but the rear is a bit lower now due to the leafs. But then again I. I might put I the new leafs with the 2"blocks and level the front 2" while I'm at it, just the alignment part sucks since she's not on the road yet and I'm not trailering it to town to get it aligned, f that
my leaves look like an upside down w. my aal arches the main, then the eyes curve down lol

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
fixed a power steering leak and took her out for her first sensible ride after got that fixed and she hauled ass up to 5th, better than any other 2.9s i had and kicks my 3.0s ass!.. and i love the short wheel base, i done a couple donuts in a very tight space where the ranger would never think about doing. and i never checked the door code but im pretty sure shes l/s, shes posi almost all the time.. cant wait to get the 6" lift on her with the 33s! going to be an animal

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Can't wait to see the progress, subscribed.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals