• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

pic of the chopped roof BII at the junk yard

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The "Kids" on here told you what you found,you didn't have a clue so in a way they knew more than you did about it.
Quit being a DB and sell it to someone that wants to use it or go somewhere else.

Jeeeez....

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
itd be worth alot if it had a top, but a custom top alone for that is going to run 400+

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you're going to sell it, you should post it in the classifieds,with a price and location. That's the general rules on selling on this site. It'd be nice to have but most people on here aren't going to give more than 125 for it. SUrerly you didn't give that much for it at the JY. I understand the turning a profit..... but cmon now

will1861

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It is totally amazing how young "men" handle such things as this. There's no tease, no dangle. If you want it step up to the plate and make an offer. I do not have to accept the offer. Everyone doesn't make the team kids, you know that?? If I like your offer, you come and get it. Its simple. If you don't like these rules, then don't play. Its simple. It really is. If I get nothing here, you'll see it on ebay I guess. Wow, grow up!!
I'm not sure who you mean by "kids" on here. But I'm sure most are stand up grown men. You are the one that's acting like a child. This is a forum for people of similar interest. I seldom post because I really enjoy reading other people's thoughts. I post when I think I can add to a solution and help out. Maybe use should follow the advise on here and follow the forum rules or get off. Acting like a troll does not add value to the site at all. What your doing is no different than just showing off. Either way, your not making friends. So "grow up".

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Making immature comments like have been posted is what makes someone seem like a child. The height someone stands has nothing to do with it. Its this website alone I meet attitudes like this, this one alone! As for what I paid, I paid very close to the $125, they knew it was special.

TimR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
thanks for your comment, proof is in the pudding isn't it ? :yahoo:

TimR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If you say so... BTW, thanks for the compliment, this "young man", is 61 years young!

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
they knew it was special.
and u good sir, hadnt the slightest clue as to what u had found, almost wish u had left it where it lie, then atleast someone could have a chance to pick it up without gettin taken to the cleaners

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Well you are wrong again. When I first walked past the BII and took the first pictures I didn't know what it was. But after researching I knew exactly what it was. I went back and grabbed it. If you had remembered, it had already been removed from the vehicle and laying on the ground. When I asked them how much, they said let us think about it. So they knew it was something. I have $100 in it. Not looking to make $25 you know?? I don't need to sell it, just thought I would offer it as everyone was wetting their pants over it. I'll try some more, then just put it away, no biggie.

\\Tim . . then you should know better; seriously.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Junk yards only see value in metal, and parts they get a demand for. They sell plastic and fiberglass stuff cheap, unless it's from a vehicle with a large interest base.

I can assure the place these parts came from have never had anyone coming in asking for these pieces, and to them they have no value.

I can't believe anyone paid more than $25.00

All of you guys should simply move on unless you're foolish enough to over spend and finance someone elses project. Even if you had these things, where are you going to get a top made? And without the top, what's the point?? Ypu'd be better off fiberglassing your own caps on to the body so it has a nice clean finish.

TimR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That was kinda my point, Jim, plus the fact, that this whiner is loving the discussion, because it keeps his post up top! I am done supporting his diatribe.

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
First off everyone need to calm down. If the OP wants to buy something cheap and sell for a lot more, let him. Thats his choice. You don't have to buy it.

To the OP. If I were trying to sell something, the last thing I would do is make fun of the people I am trying to market to. And I have seen more than one person ask where this thing is so its not a waste of their time, but have yet to see you respond.

And if I were interested, the last thing I would do is make you an offer and risk getting in trouble because you can't follow the rules. If you want to sell on this site, then follow the rules of the site. Create an ad in the classifieds with an asking price like everyone else.

I'm glad Jim stepped in here. I highly recommend this thread be closed before someone gets banned.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I'm glad Jim stepped in here. I highly recommend this thread be closed before someone gets banned.
this thread? dude, you think this is bad you need to go to the " made my final decision on the ranger" thread. thats where people will be getting the ban hammer! lol

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
You guys are something. I told you the facts and you refuse to believe it :) You know it all, right?? too much guys. I wish I had paid $25 . . geesh. Guys get a life and stop just having fun showing your ass. I give you the facts, but you know more . . Too much.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals