What brand of hand tools do you prefer?


Featured Build Threads

I got a husky 300 piece set but i realy like milwaukee tools
 
Where do people even buy cornwell? I have an old 1/2 socket set I found at a yard sale and they are great sockets. Of course it could because they are old and the new ones might not be as good.
I believe they just have tool trucks like Snap on, my friend that's a mechanic prefers Cornwell but still buys a lot from snap on...
 
always liked the pre chinese made craftsman, but the pre 90s were the best. for modern sockets/ wrenches, Crescent makes a fairly decent tool. Sunex wrenches are surpisingly affordable, the only gripe I have is that they aren't finished nicely. chromed, but still have sharp edges/ casting burrs. decent otherwise. Harbor freight makes a pretty decent hand tool as well, even the low end Pittsburgh is not horrible. Icon is going hard after Snap On for the pro series. I have a set of 1990s era Pitsburgh wrenches that I got for christmas from my grandpa, who ordered Harbor Freight from a mail order catalog quite a bit for his farm that early set of wrenches is cheap junk compared to the modern pittsburgh.

AJ
 
I prefer Klein for my screwdrivers and pliers.

Sockets and ratchets are a hodge podge of mid tier stuff that I bought as needed. Huskey, Craftsman, Tekton, Carlyle.

A lot of my stuff was free or almost free. Drawer or punches and chisels, who knows. Hammers are all 60 years old...

If I need to buy something I try to do some research and figure out who makes the best version, or who the OEM is for the big brands, and buy that.


The nice thing about the current world we live in is that if you need a tool you are not at the mercy of whatever store is in town. You can take some time on the internet and find out who makes the best one and try to find the best price for it.

Lang makes thread chasers for Snap-On/ blue point. Three piece set of thread files is $85 from SO website, Lang will sell direct for $45. Got an orange handle instead of a red one.
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top