- Joined
- Sep 28, 2026
- Messages
- 1
- Points
- 1
- City
- Seattle
- State - Country
- N/A
- Vehicle Year
- 1994
- Vehicle
- Ford Ranger
- Drive
- 4WD
- Engine
- 4.0L
- Transmission
- Manual
Firstly, for whatever reason Washington isn't listed as one of the states to select for your profile on the site.
Secondly, and more importantly, on the Fuel Inertia Switch article it states that the part can only be obtained from a dealer. I just got one from PartsGeek for about $50. Also, if I could add to that article, I've been having issues with the fuel system on my '94, and the first thing suggested was to check if the inertia switch was popped. After much troubleshooting it turned out the inertia switch was the issue, but the switch button never popped. I recommend including a suggestion to the reader that when troubleshooting they put their key to the ON position (but before ignition) then manually pop the inertia switch up then press it back in. That's what worked for me anyways. Thanks for your time.
Secondly, and more importantly, on the Fuel Inertia Switch article it states that the part can only be obtained from a dealer. I just got one from PartsGeek for about $50. Also, if I could add to that article, I've been having issues with the fuel system on my '94, and the first thing suggested was to check if the inertia switch was popped. After much troubleshooting it turned out the inertia switch was the issue, but the switch button never popped. I recommend including a suggestion to the reader that when troubleshooting they put their key to the ON position (but before ignition) then manually pop the inertia switch up then press it back in. That's what worked for me anyways. Thanks for your time.

