Trouble kicking into overdrive and poor fuel economy


Featured Build Threads

thesplashfactor

10+ Year Member

Joined
Jul 17, 2012
Messages
1
Points
1,501
City
Maryland
Vehicle Year
1989
Transmission
Automatic
I just picked up an 89 BII XLT in really good shape. Only real problem I have had with it is that at highway speed it seems to like to drop out of OD, odometer goes up to about 3000rpm. I drove a whole tank of gas out of it this weekend and only got 16-17 mpg. Any thoughts? Vacuum leak? transmission fluid?

This is my first old Ford and I love it but I am a complete novice. Thanks.
 
Were you on flat highway when it kicked out? 16-17 isn't awful out of 2.9.

Welcome to TRS!! Post some pics of your B2!
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Latest posts

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top