Transmission upgrade?


Featured Build Threads

Reaper1354

10+ Year Member

Joined
Apr 7, 2014
Messages
34
Points
1,601
City
Vineland NJ
Vehicle Year
1997
Transmission
Automatic
Just curious as to the best transmission I could use. I currently have the 4.0 ohv in my 97 ranger auto. I will being a swap with a sohc from an explorer (1997-2000) and was wondering what transmission I should use, considering that it is a daily driver and I WILL be adding more power down the road. My end goal is to hit 300-320 hp, and I doubt the stock one would take that very well. Any opinions? What are my options? I appreciate any help.
 
I'll be the first to say I know almost nothing about building an engine, but that much hp seems awfully high for the 4.0. At least for anything but the most serious builds.
 
Well I was planning on either making it turbo or supercharging it, that with other upgrades like cams and internals shouldn't be impossible when I'm working with a sohc with 205 stock
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top