- Joined
- Dec 26, 2024
- Messages
- 10
- Points
- 1
- City
- New Mexico
- State - Country
- NM - USA
- Vehicle Year
- 2003
- Vehicle
- Ford Ranger
- Drive
- 4WD
- Engine
- 4.0L
- Transmission
- Manual
- Tire Size
- 26575/16
- My credo
- FIDL
I have an 03 ranger that I hit a deer with in January of this year. It ended up getting totaled and I kept it as a salvage title. It is my hunting truck (YES I KNOW THE IRONY IN THIS SITUATION LOL) and it still runs fine (minus the a/c and the low 4x4) but the front end has sustained decent damage. I would like to do whatever I can to get it cleaned up and stripped down before I get the frame and alignment checked. Then I’d like to replace what I can to get it back to a point where I can continue building it for off road driving in the southern Rockies. I’ve included photos of before and after the deer. I have some limited mechanic experience (working in my driveway) but I am a carpenter so I can work with my hands well!
Backstory- my brother and I were elk hunting in this truck, Katinka is her name, and the ac compressor went out. On top of a mountain pass we managed to get a shorter belt on and bypass the compressor to get the truck running again…in a pouring rain storm. She deserves to keep on rolling!
Backstory- my brother and I were elk hunting in this truck, Katinka is her name, and the ac compressor went out. On top of a mountain pass we managed to get a shorter belt on and bypass the compressor to get the truck running again…in a pouring rain storm. She deserves to keep on rolling!
Attachments
-
180D8F14-96AD-4EA3-B3AB-4295C6862E8A-Vehicle-5.jpeg398 KB · Views: 8 -
180D8F14-96AD-4EA3-B3AB-4295C6862E8A-Damage-2.jpeg413 KB · Views: 5 -
180D8F14-96AD-4EA3-B3AB-4295C6862E8A-Vehicle-0.jpeg405.9 KB · Views: 3 -
180D8F14-96AD-4EA3-B3AB-4295C6862E8A-Damage-3.jpeg433 KB · Views: 4 -
180D8F14-96AD-4EA3-B3AB-4295C6862E8A-Damage-1.jpeg351.9 KB · Views: 5 -
180D8F14-96AD-4EA3-B3AB-4295C6862E8A-Damage-0.jpeg496.7 KB · Views: 5 -
IMG_6273.jpeg578.7 KB · Views: 5 -
IMG_5952.jpeg636.2 KB · Views: 4 -
IMG_5943.jpeg511.9 KB · Views: 4 -
IMG_5956.jpeg719.1 KB · Views: 5

