SOOOooo... Four Seasons Compressor/components GOOD, but UAC/GPD/etc. NOT so good?...


Featured Build Threads

fixizin

FoMoCo is forcing me to buy a 'yota

⭐Supporting Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2008
Messages
1,317
Points
3,101
City
Fort Lauderdale
State - Country
FL - USA
Other
FLEX-fuel, baby!
Vehicle Year
99
Drive
4WD
Engine
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Total Lift
0" bone stock
Tire Size
P235/75R15
My credo
A properly suspensioned Ranger can be safely airborne for up to 4 seconds at a time! =:O
... and Motorcraft da BEST (if you can find it)?... :icon_confused:

Combing through 20 years of posts, that seems to be the consensus... yes/no/"shyt changed, here's the latest..." OR... just pay someone else to do it, ya big dummy. ;)
 
Last edited:
If we're taking about your 99, I don't think it much matters. They probably all come from one or two (re)manufacturers and get a different label slapped on it. At this point even the motorcraft unit is likely a third party product with their label slapped on it. Regardless of what people say about using OEM only, the OEM doesn't keep making many parts for a 15-20 year old vehicle. They contract that out to someone else, so unless it's NOS stuff, then it's not likely to be any different.

Biggest thing is make sure the system is CLEAN before installing the new components and servicing the system. By clean, if I had the option, I'd install all new components, not just the compressor. New condenser, evaporator, hoses, expansion valve, and receiver dryer. Only way to ensure that all of the crud from the old system is removed.

Just my 2 cent. I'm no HVAC professional, and not even a lot of experience, so take it for what it's worth to you.
 
I finished building my truck in 2020 and it's on it's 3rd compressor. I used a front drive set up from a 93 Mustang with a Ford Performance front bracket to fit the 351. The first 2 were Napa remans that leaked, one at the front seal and one where the case bolted together. Last year I got a new "Nippondenso" from Summit that turned out to be a Chinese knock off. My fingers are still crossed.
 
Some Motorcraft stuff is remanufactured too (by who? who knows?)

I think I have used all of those brands and haven't had a problem. I have UAC condensers in two trucks (installed 5/6 years ago) and they've been fine, I remember them feeling kinda cheap though for sure. I'm with Josh, probably doesn't matter.

Do buy an extra o ring kit though, I have had multiple instances of the o rings supplied with a part being the wrong size and it was quite obvious.
 
I finished building my truck in 2020 and it's on it's 3rd compressor. I used a front drive set up from a 93 Mustang with a Ford Performance front bracket to fit the 351. The first 2 were Napa remans that leaked, one at the front seal and one where the case bolted together. Last year I got a new "Nippondenso" from Summit that turned out to be a Chinese knock off. My fingers are still crossed.

They are a Japanese company.

Hardly a knock off, they make a lot of OEM parts for John Deere going back to the 1970's. Injection pumps, starters, alternators, A/C compressors etc.

They might have had it made in China but IMO it would be as good anything and better than most.
 
They are a Japanese company.

Hardly a knock off, they make a lot of OEM parts for John Deere going back to the 1970's. Injection pumps, starters, alternators, A/C compressors etc.

They might have had it made in China but IMO it would be as good anything and better than most.
It wasn't actually a Nippondenso brand compressor, it just looks like one.
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top