relays anyone?


Featured Build Threads

uga487

10+ Year Member

Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
5
Points
1,501
Vehicle Year
1988
Transmission
Automatic
Hey, I have a 1988 ranger 1.9L v6
Been looking through the forum and cant seem to find info on the relays. I amd having trouble with shifting into 4th, sometimes it will, but for the most part it might as well be a 3 speed.
Is there a upshift relay? if so where is it, and what do the three relays under the passenger side hood control?

Thanks for any help, oh I pulled codes and was a 59 AXOD 4/3 circuit fault - transmission if that helps?
 
You might want to post your question in the transmissions section. My transmission is a A4LD, but there similar solenoid inside the transmission, not on the fenderwell. My fenderwell relays supply power to the computer, A/C, and fuel pump. There is also a similar looking solenoid that controls vacuum to the EGR.
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top