Proof Ford Ecoboost Engines and Aggressive Aftermarket Tuners DO NOT MIX!


Featured Build Threads

135k miles on a 2019. is that a lot of miles ?
 
135k miles on a 2019. is that a lot of miles ?

It depends on the view point. For the year to year national average, it's a lot. If the person in question has a long commute or uses their vehicle to do their job or run their business, that probably nothing. My 2019 has about 65,000+ on it now. Even that is above the national average. National average is somewhere around 10,000 - 12,000.
 
It depends on the view point. For the year to year national average, it's a lot. If the person in question has a long commute or uses their vehicle to do their job or run their business, that probably nothing. My 2019 has about 65,000+ on it now. Even that is above the national average. National average is somewhere around 10,000 - 12,000.
My 2019 Hyundai Sante Fe has about the same as your 2019, maybe even closer to 70K. I thought I was on the high side of miles, but tha'ts almost half of the miles on that 150.

thanks for your response
 
It depends on the view point. For the year to year national average, it's a lot. If the person in question has a long commute or uses their vehicle to do their job or run their business, that probably nothing. My 2019 has about 65,000+ on it now. Even that is above the national average. National average is somewhere around 10,000 - 12,000.
I average 20k a year. 40 miles a day to work and back and I drive a fair bit for work.
2020 purchased very slightly used in March 2021 with 5000 miles on it. Just turned 63k yesterday.
 
6 months old - 3,300 miles.
 
for what it's worth, Livernois Motorsports is basically right next door to Ford.
they're in the high tech area of Michigan where all the big boys have facilities and rub elbows at lunch.
Right on. I have a Livernois tune in my lowered `23 Ranger STX 2.3L EcoBoost and I run the crap out of it daily. It has been ***surprisingly fast*** and totally reliable for 12K trouble-free miles on 93 octane. Livernois over-achieves! All tuners are not the same.
 

Attachments

  • Proof Ford Ecoboost Engines and Aggressive Aftermarket Tuners DO NOT MIX!
    2023RangerLowered.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 41
315 hp is enough for me with the 2.7L EcoBoost. If I want bump it up to 330 hp I just switch from 87 octane to 91 octane. No tune needed. I considered the Ford Performance tune to improve shifting and throttle response. Then I realized my Bronco shifting is great. If I want better throttle response, I just go from Normal to Sport mode. Still, no tune needed.

I sure do like the Bama tune on my Ranger though. It has served me well and has not harmed the engine with 312K miles on it. Many people bad mouth K&N reusable filters too. I am still using the original one I installed when my Ranger was new. My engine still runs like new.
 
This is kinda like the 6.0 PSD debacle.

The engines are fairly reliable if you keep them stock but people started tuning them like a 7.3
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:



you have to tune the fawk out of a 7.3 for it to run with a stock 6.0.


the 6.0 has many issues. many that will happen regardless
 
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:



you have to tune the fawk out of a 7.3 for it to run with a stock 6.0.


the 6.0 has many issues. many that will happen regardless
I wont dispute that. Ive never really been impressed with the 7.3 from a power stand point.

I do like the IDIs...but thats mostly because they sound badass. Power wise they suck pretty bad
 
:sad: But I like my 7.3PSD.
 
i loved my 7.3 psd. i had idis as well...and the 6.0.


the 7.3 was a beast. cheapest vehicle i ever owned.
 
i loved my 7.3 psd. i had idis as well...and the 6.0.


the 7.3 was a beast. cheapest vehicle i ever owned.
I wouldnt mind a solid bullnose crewcab dually with a 6.9 and 4sp
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Latest posts

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top